Sign in to follow this  

01 yz 125 tranny issue

its my little bros bike we went for a trailride everything worked great the entire time came home changed oil. 2 weeks later with no rides he calls and says the oil is leaking out of the shifter. then a week later he starts it up to go for a spin and wont go into gear at all. after putting more oil into it i messed with it i couldnt either. the shifter can be wiggled its tight but the whole shaft is moving in and out anyone got any ideas what it is before i tear it apart? is it because he sarted it up before putting the oill that was lost back into it? it was leaking pretty badly.never dealt with tans issues before so its kinda new any info appreciated thanks.

yeah i know theres def something wrong and am goin to pull the motor this week and start the work just hoping there was someone out there that had this prob already

`make sure that the clutch is engaging/ disengaging properly first... if thats not the issue it sounds like you need to tear into the tranny.

Alot of guys have had tranny issues before and could probably help but your description doesnt give very much info and there are tons of things that could cause the bike not to go into gear.