Sign in to follow this  

Help oil in my air box?

Hey guys got a question I stunt my drz125 and when I wheelie and get really far bar to the point my fender scrapes I notice a little bit of oil come out the bottom of my air box drain plug I know its coming from the case beather line that runs from motor to the air box.can you plug the line so no oil come out or is it needed help dont wana keep losing oil

DO NOT PLUG THAT LINE. Cut the hose down and cap it with an automotive style breather filter.

Its your crankcase breather. You will blow your oil seals at the least. Capping it with a breather is common practice for EPA approved bikes being uncorked.

Ok will that stop the oil from leaking out? Will that be safe for the motor running the automotive filter insted of it going to the airbox?

Yes, it's the same principle, just different way of going about it. ALL modern automotive engines have them.

By going to the filter, you'll avoid oil puking into the airbox.

I'm actually having this problem right now with a modified Briggs & Stratton 8 hp, it pushed enough oil into the carb @ 7000ish to actually prevent it from running! Capping the crankcase breather solved that. Now I just need to regear it to go fast enough to have fun on our little ice oval

I would suggest make'n a oil catch bottle for your bike as I do for my CRF 50 and KLX 110 road racers ......

3 lines are usually connected to mine ... I run the head breather and case breather lines to it . Then I will vent the bottle so the tube either leads out under the seat or out the very back of the fender so the oil will not soak the rear tire if the bottle really gets filled up .. :lol:

You may want to try and see if those XR /CRF 50 valve tappet vents may work on this motor ..

I know they screw on with no problems ..., but I'm not sure if they are tall enough , as the rocker arm may hit the cover ????

I make sure the case breather line is at the lowest point of the bottle , this for easy return draining ..

I then put the head vent line in about 3/4's the way up the bottle and then the vent tube should be mounted as high up in the bottle as possible . This is so the bottle can partially fill up and the oil won't be pushed out the vent line ...

Hope this helped .., or maybe at least gave you some ideas to work with ??? :)

If properly made .., the case breather hose will be considered your drain back hose ..

There will be some oil in the bottom of the bottle .., but as long where ever your bottle has a hose going into it .., make sure the hoses are tight fitting and then their won't be any leaks .. :lol:

I haven't put one on my 125L as of yet .. Just on the other bikes I mentioned .. I'll try to see if I have any pics ..

I should ask .., about how much oil do end up puke'n out of the breather tube anyway ??

If it's not much .., then this set-up may work for ya ...., just fine ??? ... :lol:

So .., unfortunately this bike I have pictured .., doesn't have enough room to mount either bottle high enough so they drain back into the motor .. So I drain em when needed . I don't get much oil in there anyways .. :)

The horizontally mounted bottle closest to the camera , is the head breather . The more vertically mounted one behind the shock , is the case breather ..

I personally think if you made your case breather bottle , similar to my head breather bottle .., it may work out for ya just fine ???

Anyways .., here it is .. :banghead:

IMG_0431.jpg