2012 250 sx detonating

I couldn't bring myself to doing 60:1 so I went with 50:1 as others recommended. Yeah I live in ft.worth - probably going to hit up that buffalo creek free ride day friday, maybe rivervalley again tommorrow - if open. I drive the white sprinter stop bye if you see me! Brian-

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 160 mj, 42 pilot, ne1h, 4 position, 1 1/2 air screw, Interested to hear about your results as soon as possible. Thanks

I've only done a few heat cycles and quick ride on some trail around my house but so far have settled with [ 42p, NE!H 4th, 165m, as 1 1/2 out ] I'm running C12 with K2 40:1, oval bored carb, runs very crisp but may consider bumping the main up. I'll wait till a trip to the track to decide.

• 2 months later...

if anyone still cares about following this thread i will update. I've already got over 30 hours on my bike so it's definitely broken in. I posted my jetting specs during the winter and now it's warming up so i will change it again. It runs a little rich when it's hot outside so i left the 160 main where it was and put everything else back to stock. now it runs like a champ!

You could run a thicker base gasket to lower the compression, that should solve your issue. How do you know you have deto? Are you hearing a ping or are you seeing deto pits on the piston dome? Do you know what compression your running? You may want to baseline things: find your compression, what base gasket you running, what is your squish. Is this a mod engine?

Joe............