Sign in to follow this  

Can't Idle!

I thought I had the idle figured out on this little project (DR100, 125 top end, 230 cam), but once I got the mid and top sorted, the idle sucks again. I know the procedure with playing with the idle screw vs the fuel screw until everything it good, but it's impossible for me to do it that way with the fuel screw on the bottom and about 1/2" between it and the trans, I can't get a tool in there. The bike will start, cold, with very little choke, settle into an idle almost immediately, and then stall once it warms up. A touch of throttle will keep it purring just fine. The idle screw is bottomed, and I think I've got 2 or 2.5 turns into the fuel screw, I'd have to doublecheck. It obvious to me that I need a different pilot, but do I go up or down?

Edit: I have the fuel screw 1 7/8 turns out.

Edited by ThaDoublej

I thougth I had the idle figured out on this little project (DR100, 125 top end, 230 cam), but once I got the mid and top sorted, the idle sucks again. I know the procedure with playing with the idle screw vs the fuel screw until everything it good, but it's impossible for me to do it that way with the fuel screw on the bottom and about 1/2" between it and the trans, I can't get a tool in there. The bike will start, cold, with very little choke, settle into an idle almost immediately, and then stall once it warms up. A touch of throttle will keep it purring just fine. The idle screw is bottomed, and I think I've got 2 or 2.5 turns into the fuel screw, I'd have to doublecheck. It obvious to me that I need a different pilot, but do I go up or down?

Larger