Sign in to follow this  

Maxxis Tire

i had the intermediate terrain rear tire on my 125 and it lasted about a year so i can't complain

I have one on my kx250 right now. I have been pleased with how good it hooks up.

I run the Maxxis IT rear. It's a good all around tire for a variety of off-road terrain that also wears very well. The Dunlop MX51 is a better performer, but it just doesn't hold a candle to the Maxxis is the wear department. Since I ride for fun, I don't care about the ultimate in gripping performance.

I tried a set of ITs once. They were similar to a Dunlop 756, but didn't hook up quite as well anywhere in my opinion, although they did last longer. They were a real bitch to mount though, very stiff sidewalls.

The IT lasts forever, but doesn't seem to hook up very well unless you are on dirt as hard as pavement. I really like the SI however.

I agree with the general consensus here, my IT has lasted forever but I kind of wish it would wear out because when it gets even a little wet or muddy its like riding on a slick! The first few times I rode with it I kept looking down to see if my chain had fallen off but I was just spinning like I was on free wheel lol! My next tire is going to be a Maxxis mud tire though because the durability of this thing is amazing!

I've had excellent results with the MAXXIS SI tires.

The MX51 chunked really bad, lasted 3 rides.

MAXXIS tires used to be inexpensive. Around $45. Now that they have gotten popular they are $86.

I'm going with the MOTOZ tires this time around.

I've had excellent results with the MAXXIS SI tires.

The MX51 chunked really bad, lasted 3 rides.

MAXXIS tires used to be inexpensive. Around $45. Now that they have gotten popular they are $86.

They were even cheaper when they were named "Cheng Shin".:lol:

They were selling the motoz tires at my favorite riding spot all last summer. They aren't selling them anymore. Everyone loved the traction, but hated that they chunked so bad. And at times, when losing a knob, it left a hole in the carcass big enough for the tube to squeeze out of and pop. Not real good feedback on durability.

Not on a bike but I do have some maxxis on my jeep and I love them. They were $460 a piece though, I coulda bought a nice bike for that.

jeep3-1.jpg

I normally run Maxxis SI front and IT rear here in the Sonoran desert. I can easily get a year out of the rear and about 9-10 good months out of the front. The front works real good even on hard pack. The rear does a good job IMO. No, it isn't tops in traction but it is predictable and the tire wears like iron.

I'm running an MX71 on the front right now and have been very pleased with it so far. Seems to be just a touch better than the SI.

Stay far away from the Enduro IT's!!! I had a set and, like juliend mentioned, they chunk quickly and lose most of their traction after only fives rides. I'll never buy another set of Motoz Enduro IT's. I have heard the Desert HT doesn't have the chunking/wear issues but, after how the Enduro IT's did, I'm kind of leery on trying Motoz again.

They were selling the motoz tires at my favorite riding spot all last summer. They aren't selling them anymore. Everyone loved the traction, but hated that they chunked so bad. And at times, when losing a knob, it left a hole in the carcass big enough for the tube to squeeze out of and pop. Not real good feedback on durability.

AMEN! :lol: