Sign in to follow this  

air box seal

I hear that the seal between the airbox and the boot to the carb is bad on 2002 cr250's, I'm looking into ways to fix it, theres a kit by mxbonz but its 70 bucks for 2 metal plates and a couple bolts, is there a place to get a cheaper kit thats sumilar

RTV silicone works well. A lot of the crf's have the same problem. Take the box apart and clean up all the factory glue. Then apply the silicone to seal it up.

Buy the MX bonz. It solves the vulnerabity. I bought my 02 blown up second hand so I didn't know for sure what did it until I took apart airbox. There was sand in intake boot and on top of the slide in the carburetor. The six or so screws that protrude into your air filter sealing lip invite sediment into motor. Fix now or pay big later. :lol:

I bought mine directly from them for $60 plus $5 to ship it.

Buy the MX bonz. It solves the vulnerabity. I bought my 02 blown up second hand so I didn't know for sure what did it until I took apart airbox. There was sand in intake boot and on top of the slide in the carburetor. The six or so screws that protrude into your air filter sealing lip invite sediment into motor. Fix now or pay big later. :lol:

I bought mine directly from them for $60 plus $5 to ship it.

X2^^

Cheap insurance in the big picture...

2093629300051373056S600x600Q85.jpg

2653074970051373056S600x600Q85.jpg

Recommend chamfer the inside of the outer ring so it conforms to the boot better...... I used "The Right Stuff" from Permatex

2834247690051373056S600x600Q85.jpg

Loudmouthmx or mx bonz are the way to go.I have the loudmouthmx for the 06 i just bought and am rebuilding.