Sign in to follow this  

2012 YZ450f vs 2012 KX450F

i ride a ktm 250F right now and im gonna step up to a 450. both of my riding buddies have the new YZF and KXF bikes i took a couple of laps on both of them and i cant decide. i love the yamaha suspensions it just feels really planted IMO. Feels a little more nibble than the KXF but i guess thats just the bike being lighter in weight. The KXF has soooo much power and sound so awesome but everyone and there mother has one though. what is yalls thoughts? what are these bikes like to live with? reliability? maintnence? also i dont like the honda or ktm 450 so dont recommened them please :lol:

what about an rmz 450?

i talked to a couple of locals about them and they said there hit and miss. they handle like fighter jet and have a stong motor but they over heat very easily and the gear box has a mind of it own plus its the heaviest in its class

I settled on the 12 Kawi if I was strictly riding supercross I'd go another brand this Kawi feels long big but it flat out rips and I was hitting the triple in stock form first ride felt prety comfortable coming from my honda my only issue is stoping power but a 270mmfront will fix that .

I've had three 250's. A KTM250EXC 2008 a KTM250SXF 2010 and a KTM250SXF 2011 and now I've just got myself a KTM350SXF 2011. Best choice I've made so far. It's so perfect!! I hardly notice any weight change and the 100cc's more so just right.

I've had three 250's. A KTM250EXC 2008 a KTM250SXF 2010 and a KTM250SXF 2011 and now I've just got myself a KTM350SXF 2011. Best choice I've made so far. It's so perfect!! I hardly notice any weight change and the 100cc's more so just right.

whats the powerband like. i know it wont have the bottoem end power like a 450 but whats the top end like?