Sign in to follow this  

gasket replacement?

ok so i had a crazy bad leak but just came to find out its the countershaft sprocket seal. the bike runs like a dream but it would just leak like crazy so i got a complete gasket kit. Well since i got the kit a friend and I are going to pull the engine apart and replace all the gaskets. It's a 06 YZ 250F and i just wanted to know what are some things i should do and also any helpfull tips.

sorry for the spelling and grammar I'm currently still at work for over 15 hours.:lol:

I would just replace the CS seal and save the gaskets for another time when needed.

Why tear a motor apart just to replace gaskets?

Replace gaskets when you HAVE to tear a motor apart.

I would just replace the CS seal and save the gaskets for another time when needed.

Why tear a motor apart just to replace gaskets?

Replace gaskets when you HAVE to tear a motor apart.

couldn't agree more, gaskets should be replaced if they are leaking or are disturbed. there is no point in ripping your whole engine to bits just to fit a new set of gaskets. Just replace the leaky countershaft seal and keep riding.

Alright thanks I'm going to replace the seal and bolt everything back up and give it a good cleaning and go for a ride and see if it leaks from anywhere else. How much would and good bearing set cost if it turns out to be the gaskets.