Sign in to follow this  

camp site invaders

Spent the last week in Jawbone area EP side. While several of us were camped in an site we have used for years, it was quite full with our "family". Some unknown campers pulled in one night, set up, turned up music and never asked if they could share the site. Is this the new norm? There were a lot of empty sites nearby.

Spent the last week in Jawbone area EP side. While several of us were camped in an site we have used for years, it was quite full with our "family". Some unknown campers pulled in one night, set up, turned up music and never asked if they could share the site. Is this the new norm? There were a lot of empty sites nearby.

That' normal for Jawbone. Jawbone is The Metal Melisha hang out. '420' goofball heaven.

If you want privacy, go to Spangler Hills, Cal City south, etc.

Beat the squirrel dogs to the punch and do burnouts and donuts in front of their camp all day long!

Is this the new norm? There were a lot of empty sites nearby.

Morons been around forever...you just happen to experience some this weekend. Luck of the draw...but the odds go up at Jawbone

That happened to us one time out near the outlets in Barstow. Buncha guys showed up in a little trailer. Immediately started blasting music and drinking. Kept going well into the night. Finally late at night my grandma got up, walked over and asked them to turn the music off. They told her to F off. So in the morning when they were good and hung over, my dad got on Quadzilla and rode around their trailer for a few minutes. They got up and left.

Some people just have no consideration. And it sucks because people like that are the ones getting OHV areas shut down.

That happened to us one time out near the outlets in Barstow. Buncha guys showed up in a little trailer. Immediately started blasting music and drinking. Kept going well into the night. Finally late at night my grandma got up, walked over and asked them to turn the music off. They told her to F off. So in the morning when they were good and hung over, my dad got on Quadzilla and rode around their trailer for a few minutes. They got up and left.

Some people just have no consideration. And it sucks because people like that are the ones getting OHV areas shut down.

That's very inconsiderate of them. They are in a public area, so they should respect the people around them. Yeah I think that's it's fine to party and have a good time, but as the night grows on, i think the music volume should go down and they should know that other people don't want to party at 1am.

That's very inconsiderate of them. They are in a public area, so they should respect the people around them. Yeah I think that's it's fine to party and have a good time, but as the night grows on, i think the music volume should go down and they should know that other people don't want to party at 1am.

If my group is planning on making some intoxicated ruckus into the wee hours, we make sure that we setup well away from anyone else. Those that come and set up afterwards (and we usually go over and give them a friendly heads up of what they may be in store for), that's their problem.

Same goes the other way, if you setup next to someone who was there first, and they're early-to-bed kind of folks, be respectful of that.

I've often wondered why there are cones and yellow tape up around camp sites, I guess that's why.

I've often wondered why there are cones and yellow tape up around camp sites, I guess that's why.

That's to keep dough heads from blasting through a camp site at mach 9 with no regard for those camping there.

Doesn't always keep them out, but at least after they blast through the tape there's the chance of it getting wrapped up in their spokes, brakes, bearings, seals, chain and sprockets. :lol:

Next time you go camping, get you several blue jackets with big yellow letters on the back - DEA or Sherrif Dept and hang them on the back of some chairs in plain veiw.

Had an issue a few years back were a bunch of city yahoos camped by us at our local area. I was with my youg son, 2 at the time and they were way out of line, shooting guns all night, etc. I knew it was pointles to deal with them when they were drunk.

But next morning, 7 am, I roll my 2 stoke up to their tent and yell, "Rise and shine, Motherf-ers", fire it up and proceed to hold it wide open with exhaust facing their tent for a good few minutes.

They left sheepishly that day, lol.

Had an issue a few years back were a bunch of city yahoos camped by us at our local area. I was with my youg son, 2 at the time and they were way out of line, shooting guns all night, etc. I knew it was pointles to deal with them when they were drunk.

But next morning, 7 am, I roll my 2 stoke up to their tent and yell, "Rise and shine, Motherf-ers", fire it up and proceed to hold it wide open with exhaust facing their tent for a good few minutes.

They left sheepishly that day, lol.

:lol:

ha ha brings back memories of camping oh yeah,we like used to crank the motorhead to clear everyone out ...then a can of beans in the fire to piss off the rangers..i dont go camping anymore...i just live closer to the great outdoors now...i respect people now and all but when your young you act real dumb with booze and your crazy antics po everybody and you dont see it for the trees..:lol:

when your young you act real dumb with booze and your crazy antics po everybody and you dont see it ..:)

X2!!

A lot of young people think getting drunk makes them cool.... Once they're drunk they act the fool.:lol:

Older guys can get this way too it's just not as common.