Bike Tech ~ Suzuki EFI MX Tuner

Does look easy.

But have you tried the lean map plug? That's really all I think the bike needs.

Does look easy.

But have you tried the lean map plug? That's really all I think the bike needs.

agreed:thumbsup:. The lean map cleans up the entire powerband. Even if you put on an aftermarket exhaust, the stock mapping should be good. I think in 2010 or 2011 the new maps came about. They say the plugs are an adjustment for humidity and temp,put it will change power regardless. The rich coupler seemed to tame the power and make good traction. The stock setting is good,but the lean couple feels like it opens the motor up.

agreed:thumbsup:. The lean map cleans up the entire powerband. Even if you put on an aftermarket exhaust, the stock mapping should be good. I think in 2010 or 2011 the new maps came about. They say the plugs are an adjustment for humidity and temp,put it will change power regardless. The rich coupler seemed to tame the power and make good traction. The stock setting is good,but the lean couple feels like it opens the motor up.[/quote

if I follow correctly, that can't be done on a 09? This is my first RMZ so I'm learning as I go.

Not sure about the 09. The plug is behind the front number plate. If it has it-you should have gotten a bag with the 2 couplers. If your bike doesn't have it,you can go to a shop and have newer maps loaded to try out. The unit zig06 posted loks good. The yosh,bazzaz and powrcommander units come with some maps or you can make your own and use an O2 sensor for fine tuning. They are all pretty pricey though

I have a 2012 with a Yosh system, am I the only guy using the rich coupler?

I tried the rich coupler.It felt smoother. I have the stock exhaust on though and it is pretty restrictive (smaller core). An aftermarket exhaust may open the bike up more and actually lean it out, so a richer setting may feel better.

I'm using the regular coupler that was installed stock with the Yosh full system. Plan to get a Bazzaz though shortly.

I tried the rich coupler.It felt smoother. I have the stock exhaust on though and it is pretty restrictive (smaller core). An aftermarket exhaust may open the bike up more and actually lean it out, so a richer setting may feel better.

That was my thoughts as well. Plus the cooler temps make the bike run leaner anyway. It does seem to pull longer and smoother and I've gotten a bunch of holeshots.:lol:

I'm using the regular coupler that was installed stock with the Yosh full system. Plan to get a Bazzaz though shortly.

You may want to try the lean coupler...Really makes a significant change.

You may want to try the lean coupler...Really makes a significant change.

Where can we get this lean coupler

Where can we get this lean coupler

Edited by dsolis12

if I follow correctly, that can't be done on a 09? This is my first RMZ so I'm learning as I go.

I used the Yosh MX tuner on my 09. 3633.jpg

http://www.yoshimura...7-mx-tuner.aspx

--- it ran perfect but lack a little over-rev (top end) w/ the oem exhaust and orig mapping

---- added a yosh f/s rs-4, had a slight bog/ flat spot

Had some one in my club remap it w/ the tuner. Great, smooth power everywhere (took 5 mins)

--- check w/ local shops dealers or even yosh * I think you can send yours in

CAM_5691.jpg

Edited by newmxvet

Does any one know where a guy could buy one of these?