Sign in to follow this  

Leatt stx road

its for street and roadracers, all the new leather suits and jackets have speed humps on the back of them the brace was designed around that. There are far better suits/jackets with built in neck protection if your in the market.

Besides what was mentioned;

I don't see it becoming popular like the dirt version.

At the race track after a fall, the last thing you need when sliding around on the asphalt is somthing to hook into a curb etc. Same reason why many road racers dont use frame sliders on their bikes, instead of just sliding, the bike hooks onto something and flips over doubling the damage.

Also riding on public roads; it wont protect jack against what will kill you; cars, curbs and lamp poles.

Will always wear my Leatt in the dirt, but think that it's the stupidest thing for the road.

For the track a leatt cannot compete with this.

and yes no one is wearing leatts at the roadrace track. I can only imagine it would be bad when you go down at 140mph plus and have then thing break and stick into you.

For the track a leatt cannot compete with this.

and yes no one is wearing leatts at the roadrace track. I can only imagine it would be bad when you go down at 140mph plus and have then thing break and stick into you.

That air bag thing is cool, unless you have a short neck ha..

But I do kind of like the stx's thoracic design,I could see a shift toward this in dirt. For the street or road race track, I hear you guys, I'd be nervous about a rigid device like that at 150+ mph.