Sign in to follow this  

Light weight batteries

I have one SHORAI, two Home made from new A123 cells, and 1 bought from a low production builder, from New A123 cells.

Where did you get your a123 ?

I purchased a Turntech 5/30/2009. It's still working great. I posted a running review in the CRF230 forum.

I'm sure it's in other threads but I'm feeling a little lazy so I'm just going to ask here..

what's the service life on the lithiums batteries? Do they suddenly just stop working without much warning whenthe charge gets low (or they get old) like my lithium powered cordless drill? I love the weight savings but I'm not sure what if any downsides there are, aside from costing a tiny bit more money....

I'm sure it's in other threads but I'm feeling a little lazy so I'm just going to ask here..

what's the service life on the lithiums batteries? Do they suddenly just stop working without much warning whenthe charge gets low (or they get old) like my lithium powered cordless drill? I love the weight savings but I'm not sure what if any downsides there are, aside from costing a tiny bit more money....

The down side is I'm waiting for my stock battery to die so I can buy one.

As with any battery the service life is influenced by many variables..making expected service life predictions difficult...

I can only quote from my own experience, but my lithium battery is 2.5 years old, was cycled many times for the first year, then sat for months on end, and it has never failed to start my bike. Leave a lead acid battery sitting for months after a year of hard service without a battery tender, and more often than not you get to buy a new battery.