Sign in to follow this  

250 novice/beginner

I went to watch the races today at my local mx track. Not to long ago they added some doubles in a couple of sections where it was table tops before. the 85's were clearing everything, some of the kids on 50's were clearing most of the jumps, then the 250 novice or beginner class came out. I swear if they would have put one of the kids on 85's against them they would have beat the kids in first. Are they not allowed to double anything? Or is it just a fear/skill problem? I even felt as if i could have won if I would have raced. None of them even tried they singled everything. Which is what made me think maybe its the organizations rules

I went to watch the races today at my local mx track. Not to long ago they added some doubles in a couple of sections where it was table tops before. the 85's were clearing everything, some of the kids on 50's were clearing most of the jumps, then the 250 novice or beginner class came out. I swear if they would have put one of the kids on 85's against them they would have beat the kids in first. Are they not allowed to double anything? Or is it just a fear/skill problem? I even felt as if i could have won if I would have raced. None of them even tried they singled everything. Which is what made me think maybe its the organizations rules

Not rules, skill and experience. Watching tells you little compared to riding. You have to do it to understand. Can you climb a shear face of 100' free hand? But you can climb an 8 ft ladder. No difference, right?

Not rules, skill and experience. Watching tells you little compared to riding. You have to do it to understand. Can you climb a shear face of 100' free hand? But you can climb an 8 ft ladder. No difference, right?

maybe were going to practice at the track once i get a new bike

it could be an organization rule. back in the spring there was one track that wouldnt let the novice riders do this triple that wasnt even that big. by the next time we raced there so many people complained about the rule that they just made it a table top so every one could hit it. so it definetly could be a track rule

If the novice/beginner class was hitting big triples then they probaly dont belong in the class, they need to move to intermidiate.

The key word's here are novice/beginner. I love going to the track and seeing the beginner/D class guys rolling jumps and believe it should be a rule. That ensures me there legit D class guys just trying to get started if not you get alot of fast guys who have no buisness in the class

Beginner class here scrubs the triples. There is way to many sandbaggers here. One of the novice guys (250f class) made it to LL last year. The novice class is very fast here and the beginner class clears all the doubles and triples also.