Sign in to follow this  

Washington &OR: Where to winter ride in NE Oregon/SE Washington?

I am going to be in Walla Walla for christmas with the in-laws. I try to get away and ride when I am up there in the summer at the upper walla walla/Harris Park trails, but I don't know the area really well and was looking for advice on good spots to ride during the winter and out of the snow. Don't mid the cold just the snow. I tried Juniper Dunes, but I don't enjoy riding in the sand that much. Is there anywhere you guys can reccomend?

Thanks,

Kyle

What kind of riding do you like? Most of the higher trails will have snow, like Winom Frazier and Morrow county ohv. Hover park is near Finley should be snow free, but it is a small area (1000 acres) with hill climbs some rocky trails and a few crude tracks. You can check horn rapids orv in the tri cities if you like tracks, but i am not sure of their schedule .

Thanks. I ride a lot of different terrain throughout the year, but my favorite is technical single track or fast flowing single track. I am not into motocross tracks, did it when I was a kid and do not belong in the air! How do i get to Hover from finley?

Edited by kyleanegus
Typo

not good with directions, but here goes from the blue bridge hang a left , go until the bridge over the rail road, hang the first left the other side of the bridge. stay on that road until you get to hover road , it will be a left , that will lead you directly into hover park. I think you would definitely like winom frazier better, but snow would probably be an issue.

you might check to see if eddieville is having a playday while you're here. mostly faster gp style stuff but not much in the way of sand so maybe a bit of a compromise for you.

juniper and mattawa are pretty sandy. winom frazier is snowy. idk man you might have to ride some sand.

not good with directions, but here goes from the blue bridge hang a left , go until the bridge over the rail road, hang the first left the other side of the bridge. stay on that road until you get to hover road , it will be a left , that will lead you directly into hover park. I think you would definitely like winom frazier better, but snow would probably be an issue.

Thanks for the directions I will check it out, but if all fails I will bring my paddle tire with me to throw on and possibly hit the sand if I have to.

Thanks for the directions I will check it out, but if all fails I will bring my paddle tire with me to throw on and possibly hit the sand if I have to.

Feel free to PM me when you get into the area. Always up for a winter ride, ridin' Juniper tomorrow:ride: