Sign in to follow this  

2012 TE250 or TXC250?

Off road newb here. Whats the difference between the TE and the TXC beside the TE being street legal? I want to get into some trail/offroad riding and I'm looking for the lightest bike I can find. I only weigh 125lbs so having a light bike is very important to me. Seem like the motors and gear are both the same. Any thoughts?

Thanks

not positive here I belive te has a lower seat hieght than the txc. dirtrider last issue did a write up on most 2012 huskys might be worth checking out

If you're New York and want something for trail riding go with the TE. You'll have access to state land with the street legal TE models.

If you have access to private land or going to ride hare scrambles and enduro events then the TXC would be a better choice.

The TXC as delivered is lighter than the TE by about 10 lbs, but easily loose 10lbs every other month if you know what I mean.

...I only weigh 125lbs so having a light bike is very important to me...

If I were you I'd look into the WR125. You're light enough and it will go just about anywhere.

husqvarna_wr125_2012_2.jpg

If you're New York and want something for trail riding go with the TE. You'll have access to state land with the street legal TE models.

If you have access to private land or going to ride hare scrambles and enduro events then the TXC would be a better choice.

The TXC as delivered is lighter than the TE by about 10 lbs, but easily loose 10lbs every other month if you know what I mean.

Yea I like how the TE is street legal out of the box, but I do like how the TXC is a bit lighter. Most likely going to go with the TE. I also like the lower seat height on the 2012 models.

Has anyone ever removed the electric starting system? Wondering how much weight it would shave off. I know it probably a terrible idea, but less weight is a big deal to me.

The only thing you could remove is the starter and that might only be about 2lbs.

On the te and txc I do believe the bike needs the battery to run.

Yea I like how the TE is street legal out of the box, but I do like how the TXC is a bit lighter. Most likely going to go with the TE. I also like the lower seat height on the 2012 models.

Has anyone ever removed the electric starting system? Wondering how much weight it would shave off. I know it probably a terrible idea, but less weight is a big deal to me.

Actually the weight is in the mirrors, wiring harness, turn signals, handlebar switches and instrument cluster and the exhaust.... all the street legal stuff.

I'd pay extra to have an electric starter even on a motocross bike..... and electric start is nice when you're tired.

And in New York state you have to have a street legal dirt bike to access public land ... or the conservation officer going to be writing a lot of tickets when you get back to your truck.

:lol:

Get the TE. far more versatile with the plate, and not much of a differenace feel wise between the tow. I have ridden those models back to back and the suspension is more different than the weight. The TE is better stock for tight slower going. The TXC can be stiff and semi harsh for some especially as light as you are. the TE is a better fit for you.

Have a look at a Shorai Li-Ion battery, you could get the lightest model, you need the battery for the fuel injection.

I'd go TXC, personally I'll not buy another TE.

TE has EPA approved street legal EFI mapping with the older injector. TXC/TC has the newer 12 hole injector and a more "race ready" EFI map. Newer injector and map is said to have better lowend and throttle response. Unless you race a 250 class look into the 310. A lot more motor for a few extra $$ on the TE model.