Sign in to follow this  

Engine Rebuild

being in aussie land shipping would probbaly be expensive from online sites in the states.

But! there are probably wiseco pistons on ebay and gasket sets, timing chains, etc. Depends on how far our going too, top end only, or splitting the cases for crank work etc.

How long is a piece of string??,,I got my 82 rebuilt by an engine reconditioning shop a few years back,,No change from over $1500 NZ dollars and that was for labour only..I paid for 90% of the parts and gave them the parts to replace..,,Never again will I allow an engine reco shop to do a complete uncontrolled job,,They just don't know when to stop replacing possibly dodgy bits which is fine if you're a millionaire.You can sort of understand there logic as they don't want any comebacks but that sort of "fix all" logic can cause a massive blowout in costs,,the price included replacing the crank rod..,bit of a mission in itself on the pre 82s as you need to cut a hole in the oil thrower on the crank to get at the rods crank pin,,ie,,not a job for amateurs..,