Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna 4-stroke Dakar bike thread.

Since there wasn't one..... I thought I'd start this one... Seems Speedbrain is using both 450X and TE449 platforms for their Dakar rally style race bikes with many independent thems using the TE449 all together.

This is from fozmotor.com translated with Google translation tools: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fozmotor.com%2Fhome%2F%3Fp%3D15527

Dakar 2012: Caravan of Europe into large vehicles to Argentina!

dakar12_europa_verivicações_8931613.jpg

Speedbrain 450Xs / Administrative checks and Techniques in the Dutch port of Le Havre

dakar12_europa_verivicações_bianchi_8931613.jpg

Speedbrain TE449 / Pedro Bianchi Prata in person was in the Netherlands to the order of their vehicles!

Note: Oil tank under skid plate as well as custom fuel cells on both sides of rear subframe.

Ever closer to achieving the 33 th edition of the Dakar Rally begins to take shape the media attention surrounding the main event of the All-Terrain world. The vast majority of participants in the Dakar 2012 has administrative and technical checks in the Dutch port of Le Havre, from where the vehicles heading to Argentina.

The journey of the caravan of vehicles and auxiliary competitive run over 21 days at sea, and arriving at the South American continent. The reception of the participants in the Netherlands moved more than a hundred helpers, of whom cautioned the support of students at School of Lavoisier, later toasted the organization with a trip to the snow.

For Portugal, the two-wheeler sector, will count with the participation of only four warriors: Helder Rodrigues (Yamaha) goes in search of improvement equivalent to third place achieved in the last edition, and shall have the constant presence of two Portuguese in prominent positions, the case of Ruben Faria (KTM), who once again came Cyril Despres in the official Austrian team and Paulo Goncalves (Husqvarna), also inserted in the official structure. Pedro Bianchi Prata (Husqvarna) pointing back plus a share in the great feast begun by Frenchman Thierry Sabine, the December 26, 1979.

Paul "Speedy" Goncalves will be next to big names in the specialty, as the case of David Frétigné, Joan Barreda and even the Brazilian Zé Hélio, all these belong to the Husqvarna team Speedbrain Monster Energy, which, as the team's official Aprilia later chose to send their vehicles for air.

• Like 1

Whole bunch of Husky rider's for this coming Dakar

#7---Paulo Goncalves

#12--David Fretigne

#23--Joan Barreda

#26--Helio Rodrigues

#37--Ike Klaumann

#46--Bianchi Prata

#70--Manuel Jamett

#93--Jorge Gomez

#134-David Serra

#188-Bill Conger

Here's # 188's site

http://bc2dakar.com/

BMW Press Release on Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain

368697_9786_big_team_husqvarna_speedbrain.jpg

At the team headquarters in Stephanskirchen (Bavaria) everyone has been working overtime since many months to build five race bikes capable of winning the Dakar 2012 - with the brand new Husqvarna TE 449 RR by Speedbrain as the new challenger.

The team will have 5 riders: the French David Frétigné, the Portuguese Paulo Goncalves, the Spanish Joan Barreda and the two Brazilian Zé Helio and Ike Klaumann.

The new Rallye bike developed by Speedbrain is a very specialized bike, with many tricky solutions developed and designed in countless hours of testing and engineering. It takes advantage of various elements out of the Husqvarna TE 449 and also the BMW G 450 X, and apart from the strong TE 449, it´s especially lightweight and easy to handle both in fast and technical conditions.

After introducing their new developments in Rallye technology, Speedbrain got financial, partly technological and material support from Husqvarna. The 11-men crew, plus the 5 riders, is an experienced combination of individuals mixed of eight different nationalities, which have mostly been on board at the past Dakar already.

Team principal Wolfgang Fischer: "We are very happy that we could convince Husqvarna to partner with us for our Rallye bike developments and we are proud to continue to be a partner of the BMW Group and Husqvarna. I want to thank especially my staff, who believed strongly in the project, working very hard on countless days, long evenings and weekends, to make our vision happen. I want to thank also our sponsors and technical partners for their great and fast support in many ways. I am sure we can prove in the 2012 Dakar the big potential of the team, the bike and the great riders we´ll have at the start in Argentina on 1st January 2012. Of course, our common goal is to stand on the podium at the finish line in Lima, ideally at the top of it..."

I would love to get an oil cooler set up like the one they have.