Sign in to follow this  

drz cams?

Can anyone give advice on what cams will give the most power with a 434 kit and mrd/ssw exhaust?.....any specs and pricing is helpful. I want to make serious power and I already have rhc valves and springs so that is not a worry:thumbsup:

I believe the RHC 187 cams are too much cam for a BB engine.....I would PM Eddie directly and discuss specifics will him...He can marry you up to the best cam to suit your application...

Not quite true...

The hotcams inlet cam is better spec than E inlet, but E ex cam is better spec than hotcams ex cam...

Craig,, not agreeing / disagreeing with ya.. But for others to understand your position.. perhaps quantify "better"

Better where in the RPM’s? Better TQ or HP Both?

Better for Off road?

Better for On road?

Better for track applications?

It’s clear to you and some others, but many who read the thread will not have the same background as you .. :lol:

Craig,, not agreeing / disagreeing with ya.. But for others to understand your position.. perhaps quantify "better"

Better where in the RPM’s? Better TQ or HP Both?

Better for Off road?

Better for On road?

Better for track applications?

It’s clear to you and some others, but many who read the thread will not have the same background as you .. :lol:

I find the improvement to be better overall.....

I have Webcams (293/536 grind). RHC cams are made by Webcams. Hotcams aren't made in the US, I like that Webcams are.

as i see webcams are followed from these numbers 540/539, 288/540, 288/293, 293/536, 631/294.

any idea what they are?i dont know which one to choose...

as i see webcams are followed from these numbers 540/539, 288/540, 288/293, 293/536, 631/294.

any idea what they are?i dont know which one to choose...

Really depends on your "state of tune" and what your are doing ...i.e. racing , general use etc....

The 293/536 grind gives a good overall power spread, but still requires a free flow pipe, high comp piston and upgraded valve spring kit...

PM or Have a chat to Eddie ..He will give you specific advice and you can just order them from him...:lol:

The 293/536 grind is good if you're looking for low to midrange power. The 540/539 is an aggressive cam, that from my research would only be suitable in a stroker, and not all that reliable.

You can also call webcams. They've been more than helpful when I've called.

I'd get 1 piece ferrea valves if you're putting cams in.