Sign in to follow this  

Scotts Oil Filter in 250sxf?

I have one. There good cheaper in the long run, and they filter way better than the paper ones

From blackstone laboratories,a lot more worn metal in oil versus oem,same brand oil,same hrs

Like I said,I won't be using them,they do NOT filter as good as paper,just like how a k&n air filter doesn't filter as good as foam,your engine,win what u want...

How does the paper OEM filter handle the start up pressures when cold?

I have read that the paper filters can collapse upon startup...?

Byte

They are designed for paper filters ,zero issue using a twin air or oem paper filter in my 11 450sxfs,or my 02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,&2010 crfs.every manufacture uses paper filters

According to some, SS filters should not be used in XC4 engines but are OK in the larger 450/525/530/etc engines.

How does the paper OEM filter handle the start up pressures when cold?

I have read that the paper filters can collapse upon startup...?

Byte

Run 5w40 and warm the bike up before blipping the throttle and you'll have no issues.

According to some, SS filters should not be used in XC4 engines but are OK in the larger 450/525/530/etc engines.

I take it you mean RC4 engines? I know Bill @ HT doesn't recommend them for the 250.

I take it you mean RC4 engines? I know Bill @ HT doesn't recommend them for the 250.

Thanks for catching that. Yes, I meant to say RC4 engines.

Paper filters from rocky mountain are like $3-$4 bucks, there work great for the money. I think the ones I get are tusk brand. If I was going to use ANY ss filters tho it would be Scotts, they hold together better than others ive used. I agree with openpro tho the paper filters do filter better.