Sign in to follow this  

Questions?

I yanked the motor from my 350 for the bearing recall and have some questions. I admit I was surprised how much wiring there was to organize under there. Not too complicated but it will take a little while to remember upon assembly:busted:

I broke the small tab on the ECU connector but noticed it has 4 tiny tabs so you can remove the connector from the harness. No part #. Is that available? Also does anyone feel that an upgrade to the 2012 harness might be better?

I removed the whole clutch lever and slave cylinder as one unit. The recall kit comes with a new slave gasket. Should this mount back up easy since I didn't disturb the diapragm on the cylinder. Everything stayed dry but I had assumed once you take the 3 bolts out and crack the gasket you have to add oil and bleed with the special tool.

I was horrified to see scratch marks in my airboot like material had gotten by. I use a Pro Seal and I am an anal nightmare when it comes to maintenance. I have never seen an airboot that didn't look like you could eat off of it. What is the deal? I think I will invest in a cover for washing it.

The bike is a bit of a pain in the ass when taking apart the subframe and side panel unit. I see the 12 unit is all white. I don't like white but perhaps it is better so you can spot dirt.

Any other tips or discussion on disassembly and assembly of the SXF models?

Cheers:ride:

Well my motor is infor the recall so wish me luck. They are leaving the EXP in so they won't get confused putting it back in and they can't reprogram my ECU with the 12 map without the entire bike. KTM Tech 1 certified. :lol:

Well my motor is infor the recall so wish me luck. They are leaving the EXP in so they won't get confused putting it back in and they can't reprogram my ECU with the 12 map without the entire bike. KTM Tech 1 certified. :lol:

I was told by my local KTM dealer that I needed to bring my whole bike in as well. I may forgo and just get the HT 400 kit.

Thanks guys. Honestly I keep thinking I should just go with the 450 but at this point the bike perfectly setup. Maybe I just bite the bullet, go 400 kit and live happily ever after. The bike is just so damn nimble I know I will miss it if I get a 450. You can go fast on this thing and it is harder to ride fast so :lol:

Thanks guys. Honestly I keep thinking I should just go with the 450 but at this point the bike perfectly setup. Maybe I just bite the bullet, go 400 kit and live happily ever after. The bike is just so damn nimble I know I will miss it if I get a 450. You can go fast on this thing and it is harder to ride fast so :)

You will miss the lightness if you went to a 450. Talk to CD01 after he gets his...He should have it soon it sounds. The bike is much improved with the 400 kit, but still retains all if the stock 350 characteristics and it pulls so much better out of hole. It's a thing of beauty. :lol:

Edited by rickk

Thanks for that. Its a cool bike but I guess it could be amazing with some refinements. All I know is that once the suspension is dialed in you can really corner like a champ so the 400 with the extra grunt is the obvious answer:ride: