Sign in to follow this  

FMF Powercore 4

I just got a 2007 crf250r and I wanted to get an exhaust. I'm thinking of getting the FMF powercore 4. Is it worth it to pay $50 to get a ti version compared to a stainless steel version? Also, i don't know if i need one, but which FMF header should I get with it? Thanks

Most people use a powercore 4 for a spark arrestor. It's not known to gain much, if any power. With that being said, I feel there not really worth it, you would be better off to spend the money on some better like the 4.1 , or even just another brand. When I get another pipe it will be an MRD just for the fact it's handmade .

The head pipes boost a little bottom end power I believe and will quiet the bike also.

Ti pipes are nice and light but SS is much stronger and will hold up better. Just like a carbon fiber system- for us mortals that have to pay for our parts, aluminum cans hold up much better. The carbon is cool but not very durable in the long run.

Akrapovic makes some nice stuff. Little overpriced for me, but nice. And yes, stay with SS/aluminum unless you NEED the weigh savings

swapping headers doesn't do much other than move the power band around... some will boost lower end torque, while others will boost higher end torque (in the rev range)... factory headers aren't restricted like mufflers, so there is only so much to be gained in that area (very little)...

so, it really depends on how you ride and where you ride... do you always want to be winding it out for power, or lugging it to find power? :lol:

LeoVince has been clearing out some X3 systems, there is a full titanium carbon end cap model going for $625 on Ebay now.

I one on my 09 and everything lined up perfectly the fit and finish is amazing.

LeoVince has been clearing out some X3 systems, there is a full titanium carbon end cap model going for $625 on Ebay now.

I one on my 09 and everything lined up perfectly the fit and finish is amazing.

bought a second hand set, but were practically new, I dont know whether all exhaust manufacturers are the same but I found that the titanium header was so easily damaged. Had to fabricate a makeshift guard to try and stop the stones denting it too bad.

Honestly when it was hot pressing a bar to it would have dented it. Just my opinion may not be every exhaust.