Sign in to follow this  

rekluse trail, in 00 cr250r

anyone using a rekluse trail in a 1998+ cr250r?

curious if they can handle harescramble and technical trail abuse, my son rode my ktm 200 with rekluse yesterday, he was easily 20 % faster in the tight stuff, mostly because of the autoclutch, now he wants one for his CR

I have used mine twice in my 05 cr250.

First time was in a fast deep sand trail, worked pretty great in here with no issues.

Second time used it in a enduro. On a couple technical hills, by the time I got to the top the bike was chattering. The first time it happened, I stopped and pulled off the trail thinking I had a install issue. Turned out to be the the clutch must have been getting too hot, as I rode it a little easier for a bit and the chatter went away. I am thinking maybe I was riding a gear high and relying too much on the auto clutch.

I talked to rekluse and initially they figured my oil was not good enough until I told them I was using the recommended rotella.

Havent ridden it since due to time constraints.

Edited by ulmanb

I have a revlock in my 00cr250 and love it!!!!! race hare scrambles with it and it rocks

I have a pro in my yz250 and i would agree with the 20% faster. I race harescrambles and they handle technical sections with ease. Ive heated the clutch once in a deep mud race that was a 10 mile 2 ft deep groove. The only thing that happens is the clutch will drag a little and not release completely. I wont go without it!

I have a revlock in my 00cr250 and love it!!!!! race hare scrambles with it and it rocks

dynaring? Those are the same design as the rekluse trail, yours holds up to the abuse ok too?

I have the original Rekluse model in my 01 cr. I have not had any issues at this time. I don't know anything about the Trail model. Are they rebuildable? Do they wear out?

Ok Love the Rekluse z in my 02 CR 250. I am noticeably faster, I do not have the clutch override, installed a lhrb Where the clutch lever should be.

My bike is also set up for woods / HS OnlY. -36mm as Carb, Eric Gorr head shaved, 03 cylinder base turned & transfer ports Apoxied/ Reshaped. Fww,V force reeds. 13/49 gearing. My bike is jetted perfect brown with little To No spooge out the end...

The Rekluse does work a lot harder than a normal clutch, My bike runs hot, I lose coolant everytime I touch the tight trails. My bike has a lot of low/mid, thats where it likes to go. It doesn't like to overrev very far, and the clutch let's me ride a gear higher so.....

I'm currently installing oversized eBay radiators and turkey Baster mod catch tank to fix my heat problem..

Other than that I have no complaints )

Edited by Chill_MotoX

the rekluse trail is quite a bit different than the pro or Z, that's why I was asking if they held up to harescramble abuse

No experience with the Trail model, but I've been abusing the Pro clutch for 3 years without a single hickup. No overheating, no chatter, just perfect fanning for 3 years and counting, I'm sold on the Pro model.

Do you mean the Z-start pro, the core exp or the exp? Their website has nothing on one called the trail.

I think they call it an exp now, the product naming for rekluse sucks

I already own a pro and a core exp, I know those two can handle harescramble abuse

Oh ok. I heard that the EXP does great on the trail. The EXP has a stiffer clutch pull than the Core EXP. When I emailed Rekluse I asked them how a 250 smoker would do with an EXP and they said it was great. If you do not like you have 30 days to return it. I would do it.

yeah that sucks, rekluse does not make parts for XR400's or KDX200's both are ultimate backup bikes for trail riding

Well the EXP looks the same for all bikes. I would think they are universal, since the disk is the same size in any bike. The Core definitely is not. You could email them and ask.

it's not universal, a lot of bikes do share parts with the CR250 though, my 2011 gasgas 250 can use a late model cr250r clutch pack