Sign in to follow this  

125 problem

I came home from school i went to ride my bike but a few non-motor related things stopped me from being able to. So out of curiosity i put a compression tester on the head and only get about 70 psi. So a new top end is in store, on dissassembly of the top end i open the power valve cover and everything falls. The power valve was never hooked up. Also my piston is completely black. So im guessing power valve was never hooked up and thats the reason i always had my air screw at a funny position also the reason my bike has never had any bottom end what so ever? :lol:

Well I guess now you will have some top and bottom end. I dont know about your bike but sometimes the power valves are in the closed position when the engine is not running or at low rpm so I would guess you had low end power and less than you should have had, top end power. Or I would guess crappy power all over. It could have been really bad if things started falling into your engine, so if they didn't you are lucky no matter how you put it.