Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Fitting out of Petcock?

Removing the tank from a 2001 DRZ400S I pulled on the fuel line and pulled the brass 1/4" hose fitting out of the petcock. It looks like a press fit from the factory with no sealant. If I just press it back in I gotta think it's going to wiggle free and leak. How should I put the fitting back in to make it secure and leak free?

In the petcock base where the intake tiubes connect there was a lot of rust deposit that fell out . Something like a steel spacer must have corroded away. Is there a fix for this or should I just ignore it and reinstall? Thanks!!

Fuel nipple - Press it back in using Loctite on the joint.

Rust is probably just sediment in the tank. I don't know of any steel spacer.

Reused the factory petcock because wanna keep lil Suzy a virgin. Used blue loctite and pushed the fitting back in. Don!t know what was causing the rust but reassembled with a Clarke 3.9 gal tank and hope no probs. Or as all the

Aussie lifties here in Alberta Canada say. No Worries! Cheers,

Reused the factory petcock because wanna keep lil Suzy a virgin. Used blue loctite and pushed the fitting back in. Don!t know what was causing the rust but reassembled with a Clarke 3.9 gal tank and hope no probs. Or as all the

Aussie lifties here in Alberta Canada say. No Worries! Cheers,

True Aussies would say No Worries Mate....:lol:

BTW..What's an Aussie liftie...??

Uhummm you already deflowered Suzy with that Clarke tank. Keep an eye on that '01 oem petcock...like Craigo said it's on borrowed time.