Sign in to follow this  

Cool Tire Inflator

Was at Sears last night and saw a 19.3 volt hand held tire inflator. Had a flexible hose, could inflate to 200 psi, and not overly heavy. About the size of a small right angle drill. I'm thinking this needs to be had and tried. Any one seen it, or tried one? Just thinking out loud.

The whole set up at Sears is on sale for under $100. I know I've left my 18volt charged and unused for 6-8 months at a time and it holds its charge. Maybe a little awkward, but with a 200 psi I thought it might serve the purpose.

Does anyone know of a small compressor that is waterproof? I'd like to mount it permanently to my large bike since I air the tires on it up and down a good bit.

I just use my little, light, cheap slime compressor plugged into my SAE plug.

+1 for the Slime pump. I also have the SAE plug (for my OptiMate charger) that I also use for the pump. One advantage to this pump not mentioned so far is that, without its own battery, it is extremely light-weight as well as small. Also, it will never be dead when it is needed!:lol:

The whole set up at Sears is on sale for under $100. I know I've left my 18volt charged and unused for 6-8 months at a time and it holds its charge. Maybe a little awkward, but with a 200 psi I thought it might serve the purpose.

I usually swear by craftsman tools...but the electrical craftsman...made in China of course are total Crap! Stick with the slime 12 v compressor

Those aren't bad either due to their compact size and ability to use them without needing the 12 volts. It's nice that they now give you the option of using it without co2 cartridges as well.

I just use a bicycle hand pump that is made for 10 speeds and cruisers , i just velcro it to my crossbar pad , , cheap , light , requires no battery (even though i use it on my 450X) and its under $15 at Wal-Mart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-Telescoping-Frame-Pump/17247743

I could not see the practicality of carrying that drill pump in my backpack , it would be awkward as hell riding with that bouncing around on my back

I bought the Slime mini compreesor from Wally World yesterday because of this thread. For $10 how can you go wrong. Only thing I dont like is it screws on the valve stem instead of a quick release.

P1100290.jpg

I bought the Slime mini compreesor from Wally World yesterday because of this thread. For $10 how can you go wrong. Only thing I dont like is it screws on the valve stem instead of a quick release.

P1100290.jpg

I'll go check that one out. Looks like a good set up. I guess though its hard to beat the old hand pump tire tnflator.

I'll go check that one out. Looks like a good set up. I guess though its hard to beat the old hand pump tire tnflator.

A friend of mine has the little hand pump one. Its just not enough for a dirt bike tire. Takes forever. I did test the Slime pump earlier today and it took about 4 minutes to reach 30 PSI in a Kenda K270 5.10-18

Also you dont lose much air at all with the screw on valve tip. Worth the ten bucks in my opinion :bonk: