Sign in to follow this  

California LA Area Weekend Rides - Casual, Beginner, Rehabbing, or Rusty Riders

I'm planning to get a 2 stroke in the next week or two and will need some time to get used to it before I venture out with the Intermediate Weekend Rides group on it. I'd love to meet up with some guys that are looking for some easier, more casual rides, maybe out in the dez or some local spots like Gorman, or the lower trails at Rowher . . . I do know these areas pretty well and can find my way around. I'm not looking to run fire roads or anything terribly boring, but want to avoid hill climbs, rock gardens, and goat trails until I get used to the powerband, clutch, etc. I'm thinking a dez run would be perfect, if we just stayed out of the mountains . . . but I'd be up for other destinations too. So who is in?

Let's do this!!!:):lol::banghead:

you know im in

oh wait, id need a bike that works more than half the time...

although the S/O did grant a permission slip to start looking at some new bikes

im thinking of going 2 ways, an 05-08 TE450 or an 02 KTM 300/yz 250

you know im in

oh wait, id need a bike that works more than half the time...

although the S/O did grant a permission slip to start looking at some new bikes

im thinking of going 2 ways, an 05-08 TE450 or an 02 KTM 300/yz 250

Let's get out there again . . . been too long for you man!

ya i havent ridden since july/august

i rebuilt a couple bikes for friends that i took out to gorman to test out and iron out issues, they were both 2 strokes and were pretty fun to ride...

ya i havent ridden since july/august

i rebuilt a couple bikes for friends that i took out to gorman to test out and iron out issues, they were both 2 strokes and were pretty fun to ride...

What's wrong with the bike you have . . . I thought you had it back together . . . are you still working out bugs or what? If you are interested in a 2t . . . let me know the price range you are looking at and I can share some info on a few deals I've seen during my search. How soon will you be ready to ride?

I'm planning to get a 2 stroke in the next week or two and will need some time to get used to it before I venture out with the Intermediate Weekend Rides group on it. I'd love to meet up with some guys that are looking for some easier, more casual rides, maybe out in the dez or some local spots like Gorman, or the lower trails at Rowher . . . I do know these areas pretty well and can find my way around. I'm not looking to run fire roads or anything terribly boring, but want to avoid hill climbs, rock gardens, and goat trails until I get used to the powerband, clutch, etc. I'm thinking a dez run would be perfect, if we just stayed out of the mountains . . . but I'd be up for other destinations too. So who is in?

Let's do this!!!:cheers::banghead::smirk:

:):lol::thumbsup:

:):lol::thumbsup:

Come on out and take us on another bushwhacking desert adventure Krannie . . . that ride you took me and my buddy Josh on that one day would be perfect!!!

Come on out and take us on another bushwhacking desert adventure Krannie . . . that ride you took me and my buddy Josh on that one day would be perfect!!!

Absolutely, Joe. I got food posioning over the break, and my hands and feel got all swollen....very bizzarre....

OK, I guess I'd better start looking for a two stroke as well......:lol::banana:

Absolutely, Joe. I got food posioning over the break, and my hands and feel got all swollen....very bizzarre....

OK, I guess I'd better start looking for a two stroke as well......:lol::banana:

Now you're talkin'!!! I can't wait to be tossing the nible 250 around dodging them bushes trying to keep up with you! I'm hoping to have it ready by next weekend!!! I was trying to work on Sarge at dinner last night telling him when he sells that 250 4 stroke he needs to come over and join the 2 smoke crowd!!!

Great Idea Krannie, get one or two more bikes and you would have enough in the garage to ride a different one each day of the week....

Jack

Great Idea Krannie, get one or two more bikes and you would have enough in the garage to ride a different one each day of the week....

Jack

One of them will have to go. I think........

08_feb_leno_02.jpg

Let's get a plan going for Sat or Sun. I'm hoping to have the 2t by the weekend ready to ride. Maybe a shake down run on Sat on some of the easier stuff on Rowher or Gorman and then a dez run on Sunday???

Any takers?

Are you up for any week day rides? Like Thursday/Friday morning. We could do weekend trips as well if need be. My brother, a close friend and I all are newer riders on 2 strokes (They have been riding for about 6 month) and would ride with you. Would love to try Gorman out. I have only taken them to el mirage and pismo. So we are real familiar with those places.

Are you up for any week day rides? Like Thursday/Friday morning. We could do weekend trips as well if need be. My brother, a close friend and I all are newer riders on 2 strokes (They have been riding for about 6 month) and would ride with you. Would love to try Gorman out. I have only taken them to el mirage and pismo. So we are real familiar with those places.

I work M-F so week days are usually pretty tough for me. I pretty much ride every weekend . . . yup that's how I roll . . . no wife, no kids, the dog comes along!!! So just let me know when you guys are ready to get out . . . I'll be looking to get out as much as possible on the 2t in the begining and will hop over onto the intermediate runs on my 450 from time to time as well.

So who's in for some riding this weekend?

I work M-F so week days are usually pretty tough for me. I pretty much ride every weekend . . . yup that's how I roll . . . no wife, no kids, the dog comes along!!! So just let me know when you guys are ready to get out . . . I'll be looking to get out as much as possible on the 2t in the begining and will hop over onto the intermediate runs on my 450 from time to time as well.

So who's in for some riding this weekend?

I am Joe.

SWEET:banana::):lol:

What are you guys thinking for this weekend???

I was worried I'd have nobody to ride with until I could hang with the intermediate group!!! This will be great! We'll still make sure and ride some fun stuff and just hold off on the tougher stuff for a few rides and then start easing in some hillclimbs, obstacles, etc as we feel up to it. I'm a wuss and happy to take it easy as long as that doesn't mean fire roads all day, so any of you guys that haven't rode with me, you don't need to worry about me trying to drag you thru some nasty stuff.

come on Joe. there is TWO Days in a weekend. do your wuss ride one day and the not so much of a wuss ride on the other. ;-)

come on Joe. there is TWO Days in a weekend. do your wuss ride one day and the not so much of a wuss ride on the other. ;-)

That's why I need a second bike . . . two days in the weekend . . . seems like two bikes will be the perfect fit. Come on over to the 2t darkside Sarge . . . all the cool kids are doing it! :lol: