Sign in to follow this  

always wanted to do this to my shock tower

ive always hated the rough (but not so rough) casting on the shock tower for the kxf's. theres a ton of little bubbles and crap everywhere that makes it ugly IMO :lol:

so i went ahead and finally sanded mine all down and polished it. i must admit it looks pretty darn factory!

IMG_5126.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

heres the old ugly stock rough casting tower

IMG_1089.jpg

What steps did you take to do this and what grit/tools/etc did you use? When i bought my 07 it was already polished, swing-arm included, which has some big scratches on it I'd like to sand out, just mothers polish won't do it, so what grit sand paper or block did you use so maybe i can get the scratches outta mine! Looks good, thats excatly how mine looks. i did it to my rmz, but it only took mothers polish and it turned out chrome like that!

i havent seen a kawi with it yet. had no idea other people had the same ideas! anyways i have no clue what grit i used. i used sanding bits on my 1/4" air die grinder. then progressed my way down to 2000 grit wet paper and then put a cloth wheel on the drill with some mothers and this puppy shined right up. be prepared to spend some time doing it