Sign in to follow this  

03 rm250 budget project!

Hey guys, i got this 03 rm250 off of good ole craigslist for $500 bucks and figured i'd rebuild it and maybe sell it or keep it I haven't decided yet. I took a bunch of pictures along the way for fun. Started tearing down the bottom end because the guy said he was pretty positive it was the crank went out...WRONG! Still waiting on a batch of parts. If anyone has any input or comments to share please feel free!

28sq6pl.jpg

r26p9s.jpg

3533x21.jpg

149s2t2.jpg

otne6a.jpg

yea i know that clutch basket is shot!!! And shrub it up, i like to keep the motor in the frame to use it as leverage to loosen the really tough bolts instead of fighting it around on a work bench... will post more pics soon!

woowwww thts the worst clutch basket ive ever seen

My stock basket on my 03 looked the same when i bought it. Oh, and it was missing 4 fingers as well :lol:

septoct10079.jpg

yea unfortunately I'm just working with hand tools but I'm pretty use to it...and WOW tribalbc, that basket is rediculous! haha

it looks like he lost something in the jug you will have to bore it out alot or find a new jug im sure you find a jug cheap

I do believe your piston was in backward. The opening should face the intake side. That cylinder can be replated. Good luck with your winter build.