Sign in to follow this  

Throttle tube replacement and cable help

Hey guys,

Trying to help put together a 2003 ktm 450 sx and am having an issue that I'm almost embarassed to admit! We are trying to put a new throttle tube on the bike and replace the broken plastic 90 degree inlet tubes (pictured)

4bd71bd8.jpg

The issue is, we have never done this and our manual is vague...how on earth do we get the old broken plastic piece off the throttle cable and the ones that came with the new throttle tube back on??? It would seem the end of the cable would have to be cut and a new end put on but??? I have no idea if you can even put on a new throttle cable end at home in the garage or what tools/kit I would need...

Also, there is a metal clamp that goes around the plastic on the throttle tube inlet piece, how do we break that apart (also pictured)

df9eed73.jpg

Any help is appreciated, is crazy frustrating to have something so small cause so much issue!

THANKS!

-kit

anyone with some pointers? we'll be getting back at getting the bike all together this weekend and we haven't yet been able to figure out how to get those plastic things off and the new ones on......

THANKS!

New cables should come complete with those pieces. Just replaced mine on an 09 and was very simple. Purchase cables and you will see exactly how it goes together. Just remember to adjust throttle free play on the carb side before you put the tank back on. And pay attention to the cable routing.