Sign in to follow this  

Too much excersize?

Anyone will say to be successful in motocross you need to be fit. A lot of people say one of the most important things is strong core muscles. Lately I've been doing 100 sit ups, 100 crunches, and 115 push ups everyday or as often as I get the chance. The last two days I've been getting a pain below my bottom two ribs on both sides...It seems like this has happened to me before and just gone away but I don't really want to push myself to hard and chance something. Anyone have this before of know what to do about it?

Thanks.

I have never had this before, but sounds like you need to take a few days off from sit-ups and let your muscles recover.

You should always have a minimum of 2 days off per week in any exercise program.

I have always believed push-ups and sit-ups are the best exercises to do!

Doing push-ups not that much fun, but they work a giant group of muscles!

You are doing good on the strenght/core part, but need to mix in some cardio.

Also, on your core workpouts, do different types (motions) of sit-ups, such as side twists (to get the side stomach muscles) heels towards the sky (to target lower stomach).

As well as your pushups, do normal ones and then progress to being able to do "clapping" pushups and also clock pushups as well as the "ultimate push up" that I have made up.

The ultimate push-up is a 30 seciond long push-up. Lower yourself towards the ground and count slowly to 10, at 10 you should be all the way down (chest 1-2 inches off floor). Now hold the down position for 10 seconds. Then return back to the starting position on a 10 second count! They are tough!

Always mix it up, if you do the same exercises over and over, not only does it get old, nut it only trains one part of the muscle! Mix it up to get a better diversity in your muscles as well as keeping it fun and new each day!

Have a great day, talk to you soon!

Jason

I also forgot to mention i broke multiple ribs in a wreck a while back...never had xrays because the doctor said even if there was a break there was nothing they could do and they didn't want me to get the extra radiation at my age...(12 then). I know they are broken because my ribs dont look the same anymore. :lol: Could my stomach muscles be pushing on my ribs that might be out of place?