Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket exhaust

2 I weighed were within a 1/2 lb .Lexx and CRD. I stayed with the drilled core stock for durability, uncork it when conditions dictate. 2 mounts vs 1, factory heat shield, and no repacking. Don't think anyone's headpipe is as light as a honda R headpipe. Plus stock passes sound checks with no worry and quiet is nice toward the end of an event when your beat up.

maybe my scale or math is off, but I remember removing my stock x can on my 06 and it was darn near 7lbs, and then weighing the 05 R can it it was close to 4lbs.....so that was nearly a 3lbs difference. The newer X's may have lighter cans or something, but I recall there being a pretty significant difference.

you scale is probably right, but the R can is lighter than an aftermarket can marketed for 96db

my scale lies everytime I stand on it, LOL but the lexx and CRD I weighed are close to the stock lump.

2 I weighed were within a 1/2 lb .Lexx and CRD. I stayed with the drilled core stock for durability, uncork it when conditions dictate. 2 mounts vs 1, factory heat shield, and no repacking. Don't think anyone's headpipe is as light as a honda R headpipe. Plus stock passes sound checks with no worry and quiet is nice toward the end of an event when your beat up.

I keep reading about "uncorking" and drilling something on the stock mufflers. Whats the deal with this, what do I do? I'm guessing this is 1 of the 1st things I'm gonna wanna do with the X?

the earlier year X muffler had a removable baffle that uncorked the pipe, that and a R headpipe was part of the CCC mod. The pipe makes good power that way but is a little loud.

think it was 07 up where they welded the baffle in so you couldn't pull it. So guys drilled through the baffle or punched it though. My 06 was removable I pretty much did the same thing just off the bike. Still can pass sound check with it at enduros.

Check out rick Ramseys Crf250x site he's documented a lot of this stuff.

Highmarker is correct. I bought the lexx from rmmc because i could not get an acurate weight over the phone. Side by side from what i remember it was almost identicle and then you needf to silicone the slip fit....yuk. The factory pipe has a nice leakproof seal.

I uncork it for HS, all else I keep it in. Mine is a 2005, its a 30 second unscrew. I repackaged and rtned the pipe after seeing the weight. To save weight I went with a turtech battery .9 compared to 3.5lb. stock battery. ride

you scale is probably right, but the R can is lighter than an aftermarket can marketed for 96db

my scale lies everytime I stand on it, LOL but the lexx and CRD I weighed are close to the stock lump.

Good to know....I thought for sure aftermarket cans would be as light if not lighter. Thanks for the info

ha ha....my scale was good to me in my younger years, but it's start to lie.