Sign in to follow this  

RMZ 250 or YZ250F

I'm thinking of getting a newer 250f (2010-2011) and I have narrowed it down to the RMZ and YZF, because they seem like the only 2 that aren't having any major problems.

Which one do you guys think would be the best pick out of the 2?

I am a smaller rider at 5'6 and 130 lbs. I am currently riding a 08 CRF 250.

i personally like the yz250f im 5:11 215 pounds and it pulled me around good ......but if i had my choice it would be a ktm....

i would go with the rmz. in my opinion they appear to be better than the yz250f's. if you look at the 250f shootouts for 2011 the suzuki seemed to win every shoot out it was involved in. and its fuel injected. having EFI is way better than bikes with carbs. there is no bog and no hesitation. in my opinion rmz all the way

i would go with the rmz. in my opinion they appear to be better than the yz250f's. if you look at the 250f shootouts for 2011 the suzuki seemed to win every shoot out it was involved in. and its fuel injected. having EFI is way better than bikes with carbs. there is no bog and no hesitation. in my opinion rmz all the way

how long have you owned that rmz for?

I'm in the same boat as you at the moment. My thinking on this situation is pricing. For the RMZ's I don't mind going back to 2010 and finding a better price since the changes weren't too drastic. The Yamaha on the other hand, I would rather have a 2012 due to the updates and yet wouldn't turn down a 2010 or 11. It does seem that the Yamaha is much more available and is usually quite a bit cheaper. When the time comes for me it's all going to be about availability and pricing.