Sign in to follow this  

Washington Hangover Scrambles 1 Jan 2012 Washougal MX

It is that time again for the Hangover Scrambles on 1 Jan 2012 at Washougal MX.

We will have the kids 50cc and 65cc classes again this year.

We are adding a bonus bike moto at the end of the day open to anyone that has raced during the day. Any bike, any age, any skill. There will be a random drawing to give away $500 in gift cards to anyone that races and finishes the bonus moto.

Event flier: http://jctra.org/grant2007/2012%20HOS%20Flier%20WO%20ProCal%20PDF.pdf

Entry Form (DOC): http://jctra.org/grant2007/HOS%202012%20Entry%20Form.doc

Entry Form (PDF): http://jctra.org/grant2007/HOS%202012%20Entry%20Form.pdf

Entry Form (TEXT): http://jctra.org/grant2007/HOS%202012%20Entry%20Form.txt

Joe.........

A couple questions Joe. Having never raced before there are a few spots on the entry form that I have no idea what to put for an answer. Lol Like bar code,ORMA plate number,and class. I assume that not everyone who enters will have a barcode and an assigned plate number,or do you need to join something,get a number assigned,then race? And as far as choosing a class,how do you go about it? I guess I would technically be a beginner to racing,but I would also fit into the 30+ amature class,correct? Sorry for asking about things that may be self explanatory,but A:I'm curious and B: I've been trying to convince my buddies that it's time we do some organized riding. I find that riding with everyone going the same direction is far more enjoyable than tiptoeing around every corner.

A couple questions Joe. Having never raced before there are a few spots on the entry form that I have no idea what to put for an answer. Lol Like bar code,ORMA plate number,and class. I assume that not everyone who enters will have a barcode and an assigned plate number,or do you need to join something,get a number assigned,then race? And as far as choosing a class,how do you go about it? I guess I would technically be a beginner to racing,but I would also fit into the 30+ amature class,correct? Sorry for asking about things that may be self explanatory,but A:I'm curious and B: I've been trying to convince my buddies that it's time we do some organized riding. I find that riding with everyone going the same direction is far more enjoyable than tiptoeing around every corner.

If you can ride intermediate Western Washington trails without to much trouble you will want to enter one of the amateur classes. The beginner course is set up for true beginner riders and has none of the fun stuff throw in. Pretty much just the flat sections of the track and some grass track. They will give you a barcode for your helmet at sign up. As far the OMRA plate number, I can't help you with that one.

so is it a GP type course? Ive rode enduro's and HS's on the east coast along with a few GP races, I might enter the AM then

If you can ride intermediate Western Washington trails without to much trouble you will want to enter one of the amateur classes. The beginner course is set up for true beginner riders and has none of the fun stuff throw in. Pretty much just the flat sections of the track and some grass track. They will give you a barcode for your helmet at sign up. As far the OMRA plate number, I can't help you with that one.

Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure beginner would not be the class I belonged in as far as riding experience goes,but I wasn't exactly sure if you were required to race once or twice in the beginner class before jumping into an age class. It didn't seem like that would be fair if it were the case,but hey stranger rules have existed. I mean they let 450cc bikes take over the 250cc class,right? Lol :lol:

Class Definitions:

• Beginner class: absolute beginner or novice. Raced only a few times. Don't have a desire to bang handlebars- just have fun and finish.

• Amateur class: intermediate-level riders. Raced more than a few times. Can get up most hills on single track on the first try. Looking for challenges in the course and competitive in spirit.

• Expert class: expert-level riders. Raced a bunch. Solid bike skills. Looking for fast competition and very challenging terrain.

• AA class: AA, or best-of-the-best level riders in other racing series. Live to race. Want to win. Have proven yourself in the expert ranks. If you can finish in the top ten overall at an event, this is your class!

The bar code if you have one on your helmet already fill in the number, if not we will provide you one. OMRA plate number is not needed and totally optional. Basically, if you do not have the info leave it blank;)

Joe......

One last thing, Beginners that are smoking the class will be bumped. For example if you enter beginner and place top 3 with a full lap on 4th and below expect to be bumped, refuel and make your way back down to the starting line and find me.

Joe........

more sandbaggers in the amature class than beginner typically.

yep but thats a hard one because usualy all the beginner mxers sign up in amature and they are expert fast

yep but thats a hard one because usualy all the beginner mxers sign up in amature and they are expert fast

How do you figure? I guess maybe at this race since it is only 1 hour long.

How do you figure? I guess maybe at this race since it is only 1 hour long.

nope...AM class is for sandbaggers....I should know...I have a trophy from that class...

Open EX is IMO the perfect class....fast guys...and almost ZERO squid induced bottlenecks in that race!!!

nope...AM class is for sandbaggers....I should know...I have a trophy from that class...

Open EX is IMO the perfect class....fast guys...and almost ZERO squid induced bottlenecks in that race!!!

That is not my point...

So your saying what?

Every race alot of mx guys run open am because they ride beginner mx they think am class is where they should race, then you end up with 20 guys who ride open x speed.

The problem is they think or people tell them to race am.

I agree the expert class is better racing, they are experts !

The expert bike moto is not all that big. The am moto is like double the number of racers so your bottleneck factor is huge. It always sucks getting stuck behind wipe out Joey that can't squid up a hill;)

Joe.......

I raced the Jagow Memorial in September in the Open Am class. I crashed in the second turn and was at the back of the class. There was on little hill that was super slimy and had only a couple guys on it that couldn't make it up. I watched a helmet cam of somebody in 40am and there had to be a bottle neck of about 50 bikes on that hill!

I raced the Jagow Memorial in September in the Open Am class. I crashed in the second turn and was at the back of the class. There was on little hill that was super slimy and had only a couple guys on it that couldn't make it up. I watched a helmet cam of somebody in 40am and there had to be a bottle neck of about 50 bikes on that hill!

40 Am is my class and I was in that bottleneck, I just waited a bit,, didn't want to join the spodes;) That hill is the one the am moto will not use. Considering running the whole course backwards this time?

Joe..........

So your saying what?

Every race alot of mx guys run open am because they ride beginner mx they think am class is where they should race, then you end up with 20 guys who ride open x speed.

The problem is they think or people tell them to race am.

I agree the expert class is better racing, they are experts !

So you think at every race there are a lot of C MXers that have Scramble/GP A speed? If so then I disagree.

Well, I am painfully midpack in the Open X class...there may be a few "A" riders there, but in reality, this is a race "just for fun" and not for points. Since it's for fun, race the class with riders "better" than you.

Hangover is normally about "survival" and not finesse anyway!!!