Sign in to follow this  

CRF250x Kickstand hits swing arm

So for all of you out there fix this before it becomes a serious issue like mine.

The kickstand rubs against the swingarm, no biggie right? wrong. I tried to tighten the kickstand around where the bolt connects, no good still rubbed. It wound up rubbing through the swingarm. Yup there is a hole in my swing arm from rubbing. I wound up heating up and bending the kickstand away from the swingarm. If you see rubbing I would bend that kickstand asap..

mines at the point where I have a shim washer in the clevis to take the slop out, after about a million hours

I would have thought that honda would have tested this.. off to the welder today..

A while back I noticed mine was rubbing. I believe I was fortunate to catch it very early before causing any significant damage. I fixed it by shimming like highmarker. Every now and then I'll put a piece of tape where it previously rubbed just to make sure it's not happening again. If the tape is not scuffed after a ride, it means it's not rubbing.

I'm picking up my 1st 250X wed. I'm trading my kxf250 for one. Tired of riding and racing an MXer in the woods! Haven't had a kick stand on my bike since I owned an xr100 when I was 8. Does anyone just take it off? I'm thinking that's the direction I'm going. Do they get in the way, or isn't it just more added weight to these 236# pigs? Anyways, I love the bike. Rode one yesterday and didn't wanna get off it. Felt like a caddy compared to my kxf and is so easy to ride, it just makes riding in the tough stuff fun!! Not a chore like the MXer!

Heating up and bending did the trick for me the clevis trick I tried already kept a rubbin. The inside faces of the clevis are worn.