Sign in to follow this  

Shoei VFX-W VS Arai VX-Pro 3

Its time for me to buy a new lid and I've narrowed it down to two helmets,Shoei and Arai.I want to know which one is the best for the money.They're both expensive so I would like to know which one is truly better than the other,as of now I know the most about the Shoei.Should I just buy the Shoei or do more research about the Arai.

Many thanks-Zach

I have owned both.

Both very nice, but I like the Arai better.

This is mainly because the Arai simply fits me best.

Yes, try them on, as they are very different from each other in shape. People with a more oval shaped noggin prefer the shoeis more often and those with a more round shape gravitate toward the arai.

They are both great, I wear Arai's exclusively on the street but decided to go with the Shoei for dirt this time around - no regrets. My best riding buddy has the Arai and I have tried it on, seems a slight bit lighter and the eye port is a bit bigger depending on what goggles you prefer. Try them both on and go with what you like best, can't go wrong.

They are both the best helmets, but they are polar opposites for head shape, so you need to try both on.

This. Try them on, buy what feels best.

They are both top notch helmets you won't regret buying.

Get the one that fits your head best. I wanted a shoei because it was cheaper and looked better but after trying them on I got the arai in plain white for $400. I have no regrets and love the helmet. I wish it had some color to it but I was not going to pay an extra $200 just for graphics. Make sure the helmet fits tight.

My son has both helmets right now and they are both great helmets. We did some homework before buying the Arai a few months ago and it is built with more safety in mind. The most important thing is to get the helmet sized by someone who knows how a helmet should fit. We changed the top pad and the cheek pads and he likes the Arai much better than the Shoei.