Sign in to follow this  

09 rebuild

Hey guys im looking into puttin a new crankshaft, valves, 269 bb kit, and yoshi pipe. what can i expect from power gain? will it work better with stock gearing or geared for more bottom. also when i order a new crankshaft, should i go stock? if so what all do i need? or should i go wiseco, hot rods... any info is appreciated

Why not just have your stock crank rebuild with a falcon or carillo rod and new bearings??? As far as gearing goes you'll just have to experiment with it. The BB cylinder will probably pull the factory gearing pretty well. I've ridden an 08 with the Athena cylinder kit and to be honest it didn't feel any faster than my stock 09 and it definantly wasn't faster than my 09 with HC piston, PC exhaust, and proper jetting. Just remember when building a mod motor it's all about getting the right combination of parts, porting, etc. When you start throwing stuff together 90% of the time you'll end up slowing the bike down. My best advice would be to contact a reputable tuner (someone who's done it before and know's what works best).

Why not just have your stock crank rebuild with a falcon or carillo rod and new bearings??? As far as gearing goes you'll just have to experiment with it. The BB cylinder will probably pull the factory gearing pretty well. I've ridden an 08 with the Athena cylinder kit and to be honest it didn't feel any faster than my stock 09 and it definantly wasn't faster than my 09 with HC piston, PC exhaust, and proper jetting. Just remember when building a mod motor it's all about getting the right combination of parts, porting, etc. When you start throwing stuff together 90% of the time you'll end up slowing the bike down. My best advice would be to contact a reputable tuner (someone who's done it before and know's what works best).

ok thank you. from what i've heard the 269 kit pulls a lot harder than the 290 kit. im gonna play around with a few different things. thank you for your input. :lol: