Sign in to follow this  

Question about 250R popping sound

Try to adjust the air/fuel screw out a little and see if that helps. This is the time of the year especially in the NE where jetting starts to get lean from the cold weather. You southern boys don't have this issue as bad as us lucky people that get to see tons of snow.

That's why EFI is the way to go! On my kids 08, we would go from a 38 to a 45 in a matter of days. The one nice part is that it seems like a 172 main seems to be fine all the time. Very seldom did I have to bump the main up regardless of the temp.

Hard to retro efi on a 05 :lol: 172 does seem to work, I've contemplated lifting the needle one notch, but it doesn't run bad enough to try.

Yeh, I wouldn't waste my time trying to retro an 05 to EFI. Too many improvements between the 05 and 10 that wouldn't make it worth it. That's for someone to do that has more money than brains!

My 07 crf250r popped on downshifting/decel once it was warm for a long time. It ran great and idled great but still popped. I pulled my spark plug several times to check mixture and it always showed normal. I tightened all my exhaust fittings several times and it kept doing it no matter what temp outside. Since it was not affecting performance I stopped worrying about it but it always annoyed me. Then last week it stopped when I went from 93-94 octane pump gas with NOS additive to 102 octane with torco fuel concentrate additive. It is cometely gone. No popping. I guess the higher octane has lowered exhaust temp? Whatever the case it made a huge difference in performance also. No hesitation whatsoever. Great product

My 07 crf250r popped on downshifting/decel once it was warm for a long time. It ran great and idled great but still popped. I pulled my spark plug several times to check mixture and it always showed normal. I tightened all my exhaust fittings several times and it kept doing it no matter what temp outside. Since it was not affecting performance I stopped worrying about it but it always annoyed me. Then last week it stopped when I went from 93-94 octane pump gas with NOS additive to 102 octane with torco fuel concentrate additive. It is cometely gone. No popping. I guess the higher octane has lowered exhaust temp? Whatever the case it made a huge difference in performance also. No hesitation whatsoever. Great product

Sorry for the double post. Using my phone