Sign in to follow this  

the bike you most enjoyed

ill start.

i had a 91 or 92 ke 100 when i was young that i rode on the back roads, trails, climbed hills jumped and wheelied like no other bike i ever rode... i drove it to my first job when i was 13 at a farm about 3 miles from my house everyday....it was all black with a white front fender and started 2nd kick everytime.....this was also the first time for me rebuilding any engine....it didnt have great power but would probbly do 70 or 75 mph on the highway.... it had a headlight ugly turn signals...of all of my bikes this favorite bike.

ke100.jpg

By deleted at 2011-11-27

Mine was a Z50R that my uncle bought me when I was 4. It must have been a 1980 model,because it wasn't brand new,but damn close. I spent every waking hour spinning laps around the yard on that thing,only taking a break from yard racing to go with my grandpa to ride it on the logging roads. He would let me ride out in front of him and stop at any forks in the road. When he caught up he would hit the blinker to let me know what direction to go. Ahhh the good ol days. I rode the wheels off that thing until I was probably 11 and it was way too small. I passed it back to my cousins(kids of the uncle who gave it to me) and it was stolen a few months later. I've had a lot of bikes since,but none have supplied the number of smiles or trouble free miles of that old Z.

• Like 1

i actually think the kdx220 i have now is my favorite bike,rode for 3 days with my kids over the thanksgiving break,rode some with my brother inlaw as well,i had a crf250x that i sold to get this bike it was fun but on the same trails the kdx is faster,handles the sandy washes better and feels alot lighter even though its not.ive been riding for about 30 years{2,3,and 4 wheels}and the kdx is my favorite bike yet

My favourite has to be my '78 IT 175. I was at one with that bike until I blew out 4th gear. Then I got intimate with it while doing my first case split. I'll never forget putting it back together, and it firing up on the first kick.

my current 07 KX250f, owned it longer than any other bike Ive had and by far feel the most comfortable on it...I have the money to buy a new bike and dont, I like it that much

81 RM465X...former DG race bike (before I bought it). Best rear suspension EVER, and a motor powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline.

I felt at one with my 84 suzuki rm 250e back in the day, i ran that bike bike for a few years until the gearbox parted company with the cases. shame really i wish i still had it.

1989 suzuki er 185. has no air filter, bent handle bars, ball sack dents in the tank from when i hit a tree, rusty as. shes a beaut

it would have to be the very bike that got me into riding in the first place 1982 xr100. absolutely bulletproof, but the most fun on the track ive ever had was on an 05 yz125

People are going to trash me for this one. But I had an '89 KTM 350EXC. There was nothing really very good about that bike. Except that is was a great trail bike. Hook that thing into forth gear and you could ride most trails and confound dudes on much fancier equipment. All while almost never having to clutch the thing.

A Maico 400 Radial. A '72 I think. It steered so incredibly, you felt invincible. In a corner, YOU chose the groove you wanted to ride...the terrain didn't choose it for you.

1986 ATC 250R just a badass fast machine that is loads of fun to ride. I know it's not a dirt bike so cut me some slack!

In 1979 they went to an XR80. I felt my 1977 XR75 was faster than the 1984 XR80 I had a chance to ride. :lol:

I'm 100% positive I had a 1980 xr75 4 speed. I think LOL

1981 Husqvarna 430 XC.. I liked it so well I bought two of em.