Sign in to follow this  

2004 rm125 build

so i just picked up an 04 rm125, figured id trade my klx110 for it. it was in ok shape but im not happy. so i stripped it down to bare frame and im doing a build. it needs the usual stuff chain and sprockest, all new plastic, fork seals, and brake pads and i will be replacing all the bearings.

so heres the plan.

having the frame powder coated yellow

2011 rmz front fender and number plate all of the plastic will be yellow

yellow chain sliders

black excels w/black hubs

blue accents (carb vent hoses and lever clamps and such)

renthal fatbars

all new controls

new top triple clamp (any sugestions?)

pro circuit works pipe and r304 shorty

vforce3 reeds

custom graphics and numbers to bring it all together

id post a picture of the bike and the progress but im not really sure how to.

you need to get some pics up. i use photobucket to upload my pics to and then just copy and paste the img code into the reply...

ill post some pictures in the next few days,i have been really busy. the frame will be black, i went to the powdercoater and the yellows he had were more like a yellow for like snow plows and stuff so i just had him do it gloss black.

so now its all back together and all i need is to go to the shop and order pipe, silencer and reeds, pick my tires up and get my graphics and numbers in the mail.

IMAG0093.jpg

ill take some pictures with my camera instead of my phone and upload them tonight. thanks for looking

holy crap thats a sweet rebuild. I got an 87 and 88 125 in pieces and made 1 functioning bike out of it.

Sweet rebuild :bonk:

That is a sweet build. Can't wait to see finished pics. I'm fixing to start on my 06 250. Will be doing something similiar.

thanks. yeah most of the cheaper stuff is done but now i get to start with all the go fast parts that make it look 100 times better

Do you have a pic of your tranny right before u put it in so i can see assembly by chance?

Looking good. I had my 04 powder coated black as well. Sadly, it has been unfinished for over a year now. Kids take up alot of time and money. Hopefully I can get the top end sent out soon and get her going again.

Do you have a pic of your tranny right before u put it in so i can see assembly by chance?

Are you looking for specifically a tore down '04? I have multiple pics from when mine was apart I can dig up if it will help you out.