Sign in to follow this  

is it worth getting an 09'?

i currently have an 07' and am just looking for an 09' depending on how much or what i get for christmas i might have enough money to get a 10'. what did they strengthen or improve upon after 07, i would go fuel injected but just cant spend more then like 3800.and 11's are like 5gs around here. and what problems did they have have in 09 or 10? my friend has both and is selling them both since he just got an 11 ktm 350 and is going to get the 12 kx250f. his are beat so i dont want them but he says hes had no mechanical problems.

i have an 09 as well its a beast i have fmf power bomb and power core exhaust and the carb was done by tokyo mod iron man rear sprocket 49 tooth renthal twister throttle tube, and suspension done by tech-care. almost a 100 hrs on it and stock except for the above. its a rocket ship i way 250lbs and i can pull a hole shot against my friend that ways 175 on his 08 yz250f and pull away until i run out of stamina. never had an issue with the valves and usually start first kick cold with the coke on and a couple twist of the throttle.

id have no problem selling it but i just got brand new race tech suspension for 600 bucks and i dont think it will raise the selling price at all, so that was wasted and the bike i get will have to get suspension done because im 210 lmao. although if i get a newer bike im getting more into racing and am going to have to lose more weight for it to be worth getting into racing that much.

IMHO dont waste your time getting an '09 if you already have an '07, wait/save up, whatever till you can get an '11....Ive rode several '09 and '10's and there is just not enough difference for me (at my C class riding level) to justify spending the money over my already well set up/modified '07

alright, im kind of into ktms and hondas too and they have earlier fuel injection . but ill save up

i have an 09 and its one of the nicest 250f's out there. motor is super strong and after 100 hrs valves are still in spec. 09 was the year they completely redesigned the bike. if you can get a decent bike for the money id do it. after riding my buddys 08 ill never ride one again after riding my 09

I have a 09 and my wife had a 07 til a few days ago.. We just sold it. The 09 has mega bomb header/4.1 fmf with 42 pilot 178 main and JE 13:5:1 piston. The 07 has less hours stock engine with White Brothers Pro Carbon exhaust, 42 Pilot 175 Main. Both seem to run really strong.

Handling wise I liked the 09. The feel of the bie feels ligherter because if feels narrower. I don't think its really that much lighter though. As far as comfort. The 07 seat feels like your riding on pillows! My 09 seat feels a little narrower. But both are better than my last bike. (KTM) I bought my 09 because I liked how my wifes 07 handle and could get my 08 250sx where I wanted it. I knew it had to be at least a 09+ and I think I made the right choice. I think you would like the upgrade!

I have my 07 set up with team green jetting, a 13.8:1 JE, rebuilt head/KW valves and leo vince exhaust, it runs stronger than the 09/10's I have rode....

I am still sticking to my opinion of waiting for a 11/12 to pop up for a good price to REALLY make an upgrade worth it

i do too, it would take a 500 or 600 more then i can get my 07 for then another 600 or 700 for suspension off the bat then all the little things is like total 2 grand for what peole are saying is handling slightly better. ill stick with the 07 for now i think

good choice!

just take some of that money you would have spent and do some more to your '07..

when I get bored with my bike there is nothing like a new set of plastics and graphics to renew your interest

I went from a fairly stock high hours 07 to a low hours 09. I felt the 09 was more powerful and handled better.

Is the 11 much better than a 09, and what the differance there?