Sign in to follow this  

cardiologist

So does any body recomend a cardiologist in michigan that likes mx .I was diagnosed with mild heart failure this last winter my left chambers are both smaller and my ejection factor is only 40 i have lost nearly 60 #s and am feeling much better .Of course when you think your life is going to be shorter you start thinking about what you want to do so in july after talking to my doctor i started riding again i have 1974 vintage bikes i raced 1 santioned race this summer and rode every time i could @ valley motocross in stanton i can get about 3 good laps before breathing becomes a factor and i was told to hold up @ that point Im having the best time of my life again im even beating up on some of the riders on new bikes .

Ron,

Looks like you are on the right track-- loosing weight, I am struggling with this also.

The older I get the harer it is. Keep riding -- just know your limits. Search out a good DR.

They are hard to find , so many of them seem to be just "Practicing Medicine"

Unfortunately, we sometimes have to live with the hand that we have been dealt. While I think that second or even third opinions are sometimes needed, until you find pysician who understands riding/racing, I would avoid "Doctor Shopping" until you find one that tells you what you want to hear.

Stay within recommended limits or you could end up dying while doing something you love.

Pm me with the magic bullet to that 60 lb weight loss, that my friend is a victory in itself! I like to ride, that being said, I found I could ride a long time at 80% so thats where I drew the line. Only 100% at race time, which happens to be every time my brother and I are within eye site of one another. Good luck finding that happy medium.