Sign in to follow this  

Motors in the kitchen

Well, I started out as the KING of my Castle after smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner. Everyone thought it was awesome! Wife even kinda gave me the eye. :) Well, it didn't last for long. Next day I was out in the shop tearing down the boys KX85 to replace the crank. When I brought the cases in the house, put them in the sink and began washing them with the wife's dish brush, I got the EYE again. :banghead: Then when I came back in the house and put the case in the oven, I thought she was going to kill me! :cheers: Well I made it through that day and now with the ol KX85 running again, I'm the KING again, well, at least in my Son's eyes I am. The Wife called me the Village Idiot! :lol:

hahahaha thats funny,i decided to rebuild my kdx top end in the back room of the house because its warmer and closer to the family than the shop,the wifey wasnt too stoked,you could kinda smell gas in the house and the grease residue i left in the kitchen sink wasnt looked at too kindly either,women just dont get it snicker snicker

That ain't bad, I brought the entire KX60 into the living room (parked it right next to my DRZ400 which happened to be serving double duty as a faux Christmas tree) for a mid-winter overhaul.

Tore the whole thing down right to the last nuts and bolts, cleaned, stripped, prepped and reassembled right there. Used the dishwasher as a cabinet washer and the counter as a work bench. Even brought the arbor press in and set it up on the coffee table.

The only thing I didn't do was repaint the frame in the living room, that went up town to a friends paint booth.

rebuilt all my brakes on the dining room table watching tv, comfy as hell place to work. Then decided to get the rotary tool out and give them a scrub sat on my bed watching tv too. Bad idea, yes, why? shouldn't have used cheap chinese wire brushes, been picking bits out my feet and ass for days. Next time i'll use quality ones. good job i'm single lol

rebuilt all my brakes on the dining room table watching tv, comfy as hell place to work. Then decided to get the rotary tool out and give them a scrub sat on my bed watching tv too. Bad idea, yes, why? shouldn't have used cheap chinese wire brushes, been picking bits out my feet and ass for days. Next time i'll use quality ones. good job i'm single lol

Even the quality wire wheels let needles loose. It's just what they do.

My wife and I relocated to KY from the MItten. Guess what? There aren't half as many garages down here.....

So, it's gotta go somewhere? Lol. But I HAVE to keep it clean.

c08685e7.jpg

I crossed the line here though....

HPIM2285.jpg

My wife and I relocated to KY from the MItten. Guess what? There aren't half as many garages down here.....

So, it's gotta go somewhere? Lol. But I HAVE to keep it clean.

c08685e7.jpg

I crossed the line here though....

HPIM2285.jpg

He wins :lol:

Too Funny. I like your apprentis mechanic LOL. Im gonna test the water a little more tonight, Have new graphics for the boys bike. Its too cold in the shop, so, Coffee table here we come!

This is a funny thread, we all did(or tried to) work on a bike or two in the house and caught shit from the other half.

I washed engine cases in the bathroom. Heated them in the oven at the kitchen and kept bearings in the freezer. Only the smell of oil recidue in the kitchen after warming the engine cases was a bit akward. :lol:

I love my wife, she actually tells me to bring stuff in the house if she thinks it's too cold for me out in the garage..

YEP. that would be about the only way eh? :lol:

Joe

My dad one upped us all.

Many many years ago when snomobiles were in their early stages of development, my folks used to ride ALOT. Mom's sled blew up and they had to tow it home. Dad muttered something about most of the winter down the toilet, cuz he wasn't going to work on that thing in the front yard when it's sub zero.

Next morning he woke up to hearing furniture moving...mom was removing the table and chairs from the kitchen to make room for her snowmobile (the front door of the house came right into the kitchen).

Dad tore down and overhauled that sled just a few feet away from mom making dinner.

Guess that falls under the heading "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

This thread made me laugh. Don't have a wife myself, but when I used to rent my brother's basement out his wife was no fan of the winter rebuild!

I managed not to destroy the carpet throughout the whole time...until an extra burp of oil decided to make an appearance from the case putting the motor back in the frame later :lol:

216299_1926412290457_1546662040_2010108_3440792_n.jpg

No arts and crafts for YOU missy! Tough t!itties 'bout yo table!

183912_1817408325426_1546662040_1850033_6448731_n.jpg

Fenriz was the only one didn't whine once. In face he helped out as you can see here:

222416_1926445251281_1546662040_2010131_3970873_n.jpg

i rebuilt the transfer case for my 2500 Ram on the kitchen table.

i did put down a piece of cardboard first. :lol::lol:

oh i was single at the time also.

My dad one upped us all.

Many many years ago when snomobiles were in their early stages of development, my folks used to ride ALOT. Mom's sled blew up and they had to tow it home. Dad muttered something about most of the winter down the toilet, cuz he wasn't going to work on that thing in the front yard when it's sub zero.

Next morning he woke up to hearing furniture moving...mom was removing the table and chairs from the kitchen to make room for her snowmobile (the front door of the house came right into the kitchen).

Dad tore down and overhauled that sled just a few feet away from mom making dinner.

Guess that falls under the heading "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

good one :lol: