Sign in to follow this  

looking at 03 kx 125 to buy, good bad year comments needed...

03 is a year by itself within the motor. There are many parts & pieces that are specific to 03. The chassis and all external parts are compatible with 04-05's. Many internal engine parts, pipe coolant hoses, etc aren't compatible with 04-5. The head & cylinder are the same & just a few other parts.

But don't let this discourage you. Parts are plentiful and runs just as well as any 04-5. These bikes are an absolute blast.

As for the price, that's about the going rate for a good, clean bike. I can't tell what pipe is on that one but if it's the Pro Circuit, ditch it and get the FMF Fatty Gold.

Also if you do get it, ask the owner what jets are in it or you may have to check yourself. If still stock, you'll be leaning it out a bit. they are extremely rich and have bad bogg till you jet them correctly.

The frame and rear suspension for the '03 is different than '04-'05.

Your close to me by only a few hours lol im in tampa florida and for my impute it sounds like a good deal just when you go to look at it listen to the motor closely and when it starts if he lets you test ride it put it in 1st while it idles and if it moves suddenly or shuts off the clutch could need replaced.. No big deal.. Funny part is I bought a 2004 kx 125 6 months ago for $1400. Well I let my dad go get it grrrr big mistake lol it was junk I had to replace the whole motor after 2 rides.. But just be wise check everything over visually and look for any sign of it being abused. Good luck to you :lol: