Sign in to follow this  

05+ YZ 125 cranks

Okay after this top end I'm finally gonna have to swap out the crank in '06 yz 144.

I was given yes given a new hotrods crank it looks good in the box but how good is it really?

I like the OEM cranks they have a higher rep for durability but no cash for a new one. I'm kind of surprized I was able to get such life out of this one and I'm gonna get it rebuilt n balanced someday.

Concerned the setup of my motor will wear out a lesser quality part faster can't say the made in taiwan on the box gave me confidence really. :lol:

I heard hot rod was an excellent brand to go with.

I had a wiseco crank put in my 07 yz250 that i had(it was already in the bike when i bought it) But it held up excellent with no problems at all.

I personally recomend that you either get hot rods or stock.

This is my personal opinion. But if you have the money i would go stock(i have nothing against Hot rods or any other manufacture) but i always love that feeling when i know i got the stock part in my bike. But thats just me.

If you go with hot rods you will not have a problem with them at all. they are about half the cost than stock and they are i believe OEM equvilant as well.

Thanks man and god bless!!

Alex

some on these forums have reported the aftermarket cranks can be up to 5 degrees retarded on the timing. So make sure you check your timing if you put one in. There is a link in the FAQ on how to do it.