Sign in to follow this  

Problems.....

so i replaced the bottom end and was being cheap so i didnt do the valves when they did it by the way its a 2006 crf250r. but i was being impatient and push started it and was driving down a trail and it was gradually losing power and then it locked up. whats wrong with it i figured if the piston imploded it wouldnt of gradually lost power but im no bike mechanic........ :lol:

1. Can you still kick the bike over? or is the 'kick starter' locked up?

2. did you or who ever put the piston in lube the rings etc when assembling?

The reality is you may need to split the cases again.

the kick start wont turn over and yeah they lubed it up, why would i need to split the cases?

You could start by taking the head off and inspecting the piston. But it does sound like the case needs splitting to get to the bottom of this. Sorry dude.

Sounds like you need to pull it apart and inspect it. We can speculate for days.....

dont. need to , just remove the cam chain tensioner and gently remove the cambearing caps .the cam will lift mebay a bit

Pull the oil filter and see if there's a bunch of metal in it. If not, you could have a broken valve spring and the valve dropped causing some ugly shit to happen. Can always be a broken piston or something else. The list is long.

pulled the filter today and it has a kinda small amount of copperish gold shavings that aren't magnetic

Edited by NEcr250r

ya since you cant get top dead center, take a sharpie and mark the cam so you kno what way it goes back in. but yes it sounds like you have a bad crank bearing

ya bad bearing.. if there wasnt the metal in the oil then i would say it could also be a bad cam chain.. if it snapped. but it sounds like your bottom end is shot

i just replaced the crank timing chain and piston only had an hour on it, if its a bearing do i need to replace the crank again?

to find tdc on the crfs on the bottom of the right side case there's a little allen head plug (8mm) and you pull that out, match the punch marks, pull your valve cover off and get the punch marks on the cam gear level with the head and you have tdc! idk how it pertains to a sieze but you asked how! :lol: sorry about the bike though man... hate it when you fix something and think it's great and it instantly goes wrong only to perform what should be an occasional task into a monotonous labor... :)

What crank did you use, Hot Rod? If you got an old stock Hot Rod, they had like a copper coating on them that flaked off. It would almost look like thrust washer but it wasn't. Regardless, it's not good. Bearings are magnetic and silver. If it was a bearing, it wouldn't be brass or copper colored. Silver metal would be a bearing and it usually isn't fine like dust. Pretty big shavings.