Sign in to follow this  

BEST recommended pads

This weekend at Perris, I had absolutely no confidence coming into corners, my bike(09 YZ250F) didn't want to stop, or took a long time to slow down, even with pads and rotor in spec. So I was wondering what band/style is the best for Yamaha`s and their weak a$$ brakes. And I don't really care on price and longevity, because im not racing/riding every weekend. I just want the STRONGEST front bake possible, without up-grading to over-sized.

Ok, thank you. That's makes sense. Have you used them before? How do they wear and can you notice when they are worn?

Damn.haha So your for sure this is the best you have tried? I want the best stopping power possible without going big brake or new lines(doing that later on).

the front brake on my '10 was weak, then in a crash i bent it, so i replaced it with a $30 or $35 Tusk brand rotor with the stock pads...it was a very noticeable improvement, even with semi worn-out pads...I also got the $16 Tusk brand pads for it and they too are a good improvement over OEM

so for approx $50 I got a very solid front brake set up, and glad i did cause i was about to waste $275 on a oversized kit

I dunno if its the "stongest possible" but I'd bet it'll do the job and then some

I hated the front brake on my '08 YZ290F-WR. I changed the master cylinder and caliper to one from a '03 YZ250 from EBAY. I also run the cheapy Neutron pads from

Rrocky Mountain; they a quite good but only last about 75% as long as OEM (but they stop bettter!).

Well im currently selling some things, and plan on going all out, and just getting the best once. But ive heard that newer Honda calipers are better than going big break, so i thought Honda caliper+big break= best break ever?lol