Sign in to follow this  

Wiring Nightmare

I dont know what kinda retard tries to to hack and chop the ENTIRE electrical system through a defunct viper alarm unit. Well while blasting through some whoops the viper unit decides it wants to start working and killed the power through the entire system. I had no idea this ****ing thing was even there in the car until this truck stranded me 15 miles out in the middle of nowhere. That was a fun 5 mile hike to the top of a mountain to get a cell phone signal. Then walk back down and get towed back to camp. We never got the thing running again and its now sitting waiting to be worked on. I now get to have the entire electrical system stripped out and redone because **** the guy who did this horrible wiring job.

Ok, I got my rant over. How was everyone elses weekend?

When I was doing lots of our used cars, we'd rip out any aftermarket alarm. If it worked OK, it would fail later and we'd have to replace it for free and the fact it could leave someone stranded isnt great for customers. So working or not, they all got ripped out and tossed int he trash. If customer wanted us to install a factory unit, we could or he can take it to his local harness hack teenager and let them butcher his car and l eave him stranded.

Well, the previous owner decided on the latter. That pissed me off much to be that far from camp and have it happen. Luckily for me I had a copilot to share the misery with me. Cell reception has always been spotty around where we were at but after hiking to the top of a mountain we finally got enough to get a call in back to camp, then hiked to the nearest road and met them on the side of that. I wish I took a picture of this shit job before taking it to be redone. I was just a bit too pissed off to do it though.

1322538215.jpg

This was the piece of crap that made me go hiking. The guy wired everything into it from the ignition to the radio.

Brutal story. I have a friend who put a sub woofer in his truck and didn't fuse it. He said it was only for a one weekend so it was ok. 8 months later the main power supply to the bazzoka tube shorted out some how. It turned red hot, then melted right through the main vehicle harness.:lol:

F*cking dumb ass.

Brutal story. I have a friend who put a sub woofer in his truck and didn't fuse it. He said it was only for a one weekend so it was ok. 8 months later the main power supply to the bazzoka tube shorted out some how. It turned red hot, then melted right through the main vehicle harness.:lol:

F*cking dumb ass.

My experience is that well over half of the vehicles that catch fire have some type of aftermarket, user installed electrical accessory.

Now, that doesn't automatically mean that it was installed incorrectly, but....

...Now, that doesn't automatically mean that it was installed incorrectly, but....

Just means it wasnt fused correctly :lol: I dont know how many times I see a hot wire, no fuse protection except a few inches from the component it goes too. What the heck do they want to protect only the last 2" of wiring and not the rest for??? They obviously dont understand how a fuse works or maybe think its only for surge protection.