Sign in to follow this  

Washington Riding the Blues...?

There is some stuff on the Umatilla National Forest -most are out and back type opportunities unless you are street legal. Go to the Umatilla National Forest website for more details and contact info.

There is supposidly some single track there. Mostly local riders " honey holes". Ive been told that some of these are quite awesome. Unfortunatly thats all I know. :lol:

I pulled off on that rest area on the big hill a couple years back...unloaded, headed up into the hills. Great stuff. Prolly not legal, but you know how it goes...if ya can't tell I was there...was I?

Harris park outside of milton freewater has some single track , i hear. I have never been there. Winom Frazier is the closest major ohv to walla walla that i know of. unless you want to ride sand , which would be Juniper of course.

seems to me that there is a bike shop in walla walla. they might tell ya someplace to go. it's a shot in the dark, but it might pay off.

I pulled off on that rest area on the big hill a couple years back...unloaded, headed up into the hills. Great stuff. Prolly not legal, but you know how it goes...if ya can't tell I was there...was I?

dead mans pass

reservation land but i tear through there all the time chasin animals etc.

there are no organized trails on the foothills but some cool places for sure. you can get off at emigrant park and ride the pipeline all over the place. run down skidder roads what ever you wanna make of it. capital forest land over there. if you ride around meacham you can hit some pretty cool trail/roads. if you are a dual sport guy this is for you.

this time of the year you can maybe ride the first 7 miles at harris without a problem but no other trails other than the walla walla river one.

I live up in the foothills at the other end of the South Fork trail system. At my end, there is snow at about 3500 foot and up. I'd think you could get a pretty good ride in out of Harris Park, as it starts off pretty low elevation. As you get past rough fork you may get into snow, or if you go up Bear Creek towards the airplane, I'd predict snow up there too. That said there is some cool riding following the creek. So stay down low and have some fun! I haven't riddin out of Harris Park since summer, maybe somebody else has more recent info.

Ride safe, Dennis Baccus - Walla Walla

Last time i was there it was August (up by and past the plane crash) , do you know what the elevation is at the top ?? , i was just in Lewiston , Id . , today and driving over the hills from Pasco area to Lewiston , i never hit any snow and was up to 2600 ft and never really even saw anything on the ground

And i cant stand the trail along the river , it creeps me out about 7-10 miles from the parking lot, because of the drop-off/shear face, i have a height/cliff issue , and the fact that i rode it by myself without ever having been on that trail , i was told later not to ride that one by yourself , because of the exposure and no forgiveness for mistakes

As to the OP's question , i have often wondered the same , i drive by there looking at all that forest to ride in and what awesome trails it would have full of logs to go over and single track for days , yet can find no positive info on weather you can legally ride there or not , i guess you could (as i could also i guess) call the ranger station that covers that area , they would have the legal info and would know what is or is not open to riding

thats my disappointment as well. i wish i didnt have to travel as far as i do to find good trail systems. harris is cool but very limited in comparison. there is supposedly an out and back trail by Unity thats goes for a long ways. also there are some small John Day trails. single track is almost extinct.

Anyone have any riding areas around wallowa?

Is virtue flats worth visiting from pendleton? is it just a free ride area?

What do you guys know about Breshears trail?

other than hunting areas etc I dont trail ride eastern oregon.

ps dont bother checking out mt emily ohv for some time until some more trails get blazed.

That's kind of the issue i have , i live near Benton City ,Wa , and there is nothing around here , , i mean there are places that look like they would be cool to ride , but you cant ride there , as that is why i ended up going to Harris , and i would rather ride single track if i am going to ride off-road , i moved this past April from South West Idaho , the riding there is just about anywhere you can find open BLM or forest land , its great , you can ride tons of single track and hardly see another rider , i dont get why they have so much land here and in Oregon , that is just there to look at from a distance , it makes no sense at all , i am sure places like Emigrant Park would be a welcome place for riders to do some awesome single track riding , I know it would be worth the drive for me , maybe the Forestry dept needs to be contacted , and asked (nicely) to try to get some trails opened up in those area's , it never hurts to ask !