05 RMZ450 coolant on the piston

I have an 05 RMZ 450 and it was running fine. A week later it would not start. I checked all the usual culprits and finally found a half inch of coolant on top of my piston. I bought a new head gasket and oil/coolant pump gasket. I'm guessing it's one of the two but I'm aprehensive about putting it all back together and find I've missed the real cause. Is there any other way to get water on top of the piston.

any thoughts

I'd figure it would be your head gasket also, first thing I would check, Other the that collant don't run on top of your valves or anything so it can't run down through, unless your cylinder head is cracked open, which she'd probably seeze up on you if that was the case, other then that change your oil if u have coolant in your oil the you have another problem if not i'm willing to bet for sure it's your headgasket

It;s not the part of lookin for cracks in the gasket or slices, it could be just a simple torgued head problem, when was the last time you done a rebuild? or anything to expose your piston? anything could happen really, the gasket could have simply been buckled over, or even the head couldn't been torqued right so theres a small pin hole in it to leak out, did you check your oil after?