Sign in to follow this  

what 125??

hi lads, right i am thinking of selling my 1998 rm 250 as its to fast and to hard for me to start, whats the best 125 to get?? plus are the 125's easyer to kick over as my 250 i just cant kick start it, but my mate can get on it and start it right up, it must be my crap legs lol,, so whats the best 125 to get??

thanx jon,,

I'm a KTM guy myself, if you wanna spend the money, the 07+ KTM 125's are stellar.

Otherwise, migrate yourself towards a 05+ YZ125, you won't be disappointed in that either. :lol:

In terms of your hard to start 250 2 stroke, there is probably something wrong with it. I've never come across a 250 that was hard to start, they all were very easy. But then again, I have not tried to start a 98 before.

my mate can start it easy but i cant i just aint got the strength in my legs sounds daft i know, plus its to heavey for me, i just thought maybe a 125 would be lighter and easyer to start,

my mate can start it easy but i cant i just aint got the strength in my legs sounds daft i know, plus its to heavey for me, i just thought maybe a 125 would be lighter and easyer to start,

I'm not familiar enough with the suzuki's from that era. But the modern 125/250 2 strokes are very similar in weight, maybe 5 - 10lb difference at most. A lot of that comes from beefier components and in the world of KTM, the weigh difference is more like 5lb.

So just going to a modern bike, will help you a lot, 125 or 250.

Depending on your budget any 2001 and up YZ 125 would be great. The ultimate is a 2007 or higher. If you go new, maybe the KTM over the YZ...But for a all round great reliable 125 I would go with a YZ any day. My son has a 2004 KX 125 and it's really cool and he loves it. But I can see the quality difference with my YZ.

My son is also a trail rider and went to Carnegie Park in Northern California last week, huge hill climbs and he had a ball pinning that 125!

Have fun!

I'd say find any that fits your budget. But like they said above go for KTM or Yamaha as they are currently the only ones in its class. How tall are you? Because with my 125 and my dad's YZ250 next to each other, the 125 has an inch to an inch and a half.

i am in the exact same position mate, selling my dads 2007 rm 250 2 stroke as he finds it too fast and doesnt feel mx is his sport as his body is tired off work, so he is buying me a yz or ktm 125, i like the ktm for looks and power, but i like the way the yz are reliable and good handling, i am 6ft 1, 11.5 stone, which bike is taller, i always thought ktms were the tallest bike, but on specs the yz is like 2 inch taller ? help hahahhaa

i am in the exact same position mate, selling my dads 2007 rm 250 2 stroke as he finds it too fast and doesnt feel mx is his sport as his body is tired off work, so he is buying me a yz or ktm 125, i like the ktm for looks and power, but i like the way the yz are reliable and good handling, i am 6ft 1, 11.5 stone, which bike is taller, i always thought ktms were the tallest bike, but on specs the yz is like 2 inch taller ? help hahahhaa

you can change the hight,,,:lol:

The ktm is a great bike and extremely reliable. It might be a tiny bit shorter the the yz but that's because of the seat and stuff that really doesn't pertain to physically riding the bike. You can drop the yz but that will change the handing of the machine substantially.